Community voting on Terra’s proposal to create a new blockchain is set to end later in the day, with a majority of LUNA holders in favor of the fork.
With six hours left to vote, over 67% of holders have voted yes. Just over 12% of holders have opposed the vote, while 20% have abstained from voting, data shows.
So far, nearly 81% of all LUNA holders participated in the vote. A bulk of the holders supporting the proposal appeared to be validators on the Terra blockchain.
Under the proposal, a new Terra chain will be created, while a new LUNA token will be airdropped to current holders. The new chain will discard the UST stablecoin.
When will the new Terra be launched?
Under the proposal, Terra founder Do Kwon said the new chain could go live by as soon as May 27. Kwon’s timeline entails that the Genesis file will be created on May 27, just before the launch.
Terra recently also clarified that the new chain is not intended to be a hard fork, but rather, an entirely new blockchain.
Kwon and Terraform Labs (TFL) are already in the process of collecting snapshot data for the airdrop. Holders from prior to May 9- when the de-pegging occurred- will receive a bigger portion of the airdrop.
Terra holders are speculating that the snapshot for holders after the de-pegging could occur by as soon as May 26, when block 7,790,000 is generated on the blockchain.
Do Kwon, TFL face community, regulatory backlash
While the proposal will excise TFL and Kwon from the new Terra blockchain, the creator has received widespread ire over the crash.
South Korean authorities are reportedly pursuing legal action against Kwon and TFL on multiple fronts, including fraud and tax evasion.
The crash is also expected to increase crypto regulations across the globe, with lawmakers in the United States and Europe already calling for more action.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3