The global cryptocurrency market witnessed another marginal drop of around 1% over the past day. The total crypto market cap has shrunk to stand at $1.19 trillion. The largest tokens haven’t performed well this month. Due to increased uncertainty, the whales have headed towards the Defi token.
ETH whales add $53 mln worth of WBTC
The Whalestats reported that amid the decreasing price the top Ethereum whales are adding DeFi tokens to their tally. As per the data, Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) emerged as one of the tokens which the biggest ETH wallets are accumulating. In the past 24 hours, whale wallets have added around $53.19 million worth of WBTC. The token is trading at an average price of $28,805, at the press time.
An ETH wallet named “Bluewhale” has single handedly scooped $47.44 million worth of 1.646 wrapped bitcoins. It looks like the whale is on a buying spree. Bluewhale has also added a whopping $47.38 million worth of the Wrapped Ethereum (wETH). The transaction moved 27,238 wETH into its wallet. Meanwhile, the whale is now holding $53.9 million worth of wETH tokens. Wrapped Ethereum is trading at an average price of $$1,767, at the press time. Earlier, it was reported that another ETH wallet added almost $12 million worth of wETH.
Chainlink flips WBTC as most traded token
However, the Whalestats informed that Chainlink (LINK) has flipped WBTC from the top of the most traded tokens among the biggest 500 ETH whales. LINK is another DeFi token that is down by 50% over the past 30 days.
The Crypto market capitalization has suffered a lot due to certain geopolitical issues and the recent Terra LUNA crash. The Bitcoin (BTC) price is trading around the $28,800 price level. BTC’s market cap has decreased by almost 27% in the month of May to stand at $549 billion. The same has happened with its ETH spinoff WBTC. Its market cap has come down to stand at $7.89 billion. However, the whale’s accumulation suggests a trend of dip buying. Meanwhile, DeFi tokens market valuation has dropped by a massive 26% over the last day. It now stands at $50.51 billion.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery