The global cryptocurrency market witnessed another marginal drop of around 1% over the past day. The total crypto market cap has shrunk to stand at $1.19 trillion. The largest tokens haven’t performed well this month. Due to increased uncertainty, the whales have headed towards the Defi token.
ETH whales add $53 mln worth of WBTC
The Whalestats reported that amid the decreasing price the top Ethereum whales are adding DeFi tokens to their tally. As per the data, Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) emerged as one of the tokens which the biggest ETH wallets are accumulating. In the past 24 hours, whale wallets have added around $53.19 million worth of WBTC. The token is trading at an average price of $28,805, at the press time.
An ETH wallet named “Bluewhale” has single handedly scooped $47.44 million worth of 1.646 wrapped bitcoins. It looks like the whale is on a buying spree. Bluewhale has also added a whopping $47.38 million worth of the Wrapped Ethereum (wETH). The transaction moved 27,238 wETH into its wallet. Meanwhile, the whale is now holding $53.9 million worth of wETH tokens. Wrapped Ethereum is trading at an average price of $$1,767, at the press time. Earlier, it was reported that another ETH wallet added almost $12 million worth of wETH.
Chainlink flips WBTC as most traded token
However, the Whalestats informed that Chainlink (LINK) has flipped WBTC from the top of the most traded tokens among the biggest 500 ETH whales. LINK is another DeFi token that is down by 50% over the past 30 days.
The Crypto market capitalization has suffered a lot due to certain geopolitical issues and the recent Terra LUNA crash. The Bitcoin (BTC) price is trading around the $28,800 price level. BTC’s market cap has decreased by almost 27% in the month of May to stand at $549 billion. The same has happened with its ETH spinoff WBTC. Its market cap has come down to stand at $7.89 billion. However, the whale’s accumulation suggests a trend of dip buying. Meanwhile, DeFi tokens market valuation has dropped by a massive 26% over the last day. It now stands at $50.51 billion.
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Shibarium To Launch Soon; How It Can Pump Shiba Inu Prices?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%
- Uniswap Price Analysis: Can Ongoing Recovery Carry UNI Price to $8?
- SHIB Price Analysis: $0.00001 Breakout Could Pump SHIB by 33%