The global cryptocurrency market witnessed another marginal drop of around 1% over the past day. The total crypto market cap has shrunk to stand at $1.19 trillion. The largest tokens haven’t performed well this month. Due to increased uncertainty, the whales have headed towards the Defi token.
ETH whales add $53 mln worth of WBTC
The Whalestats reported that amid the decreasing price the top Ethereum whales are adding DeFi tokens to their tally. As per the data, Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) emerged as one of the tokens which the biggest ETH wallets are accumulating. In the past 24 hours, whale wallets have added around $53.19 million worth of WBTC. The token is trading at an average price of $28,805, at the press time.
An ETH wallet named “Bluewhale” has single handedly scooped $47.44 million worth of 1.646 wrapped bitcoins. It looks like the whale is on a buying spree. Bluewhale has also added a whopping $47.38 million worth of the Wrapped Ethereum (wETH). The transaction moved 27,238 wETH into its wallet. Meanwhile, the whale is now holding $53.9 million worth of wETH tokens. Wrapped Ethereum is trading at an average price of $$1,767, at the press time. Earlier, it was reported that another ETH wallet added almost $12 million worth of wETH.
Chainlink flips WBTC as most traded token
However, the Whalestats informed that Chainlink (LINK) has flipped WBTC from the top of the most traded tokens among the biggest 500 ETH whales. LINK is another DeFi token that is down by 50% over the past 30 days.
The Crypto market capitalization has suffered a lot due to certain geopolitical issues and the recent Terra LUNA crash. The Bitcoin (BTC) price is trading around the $28,800 price level. BTC’s market cap has decreased by almost 27% in the month of May to stand at $549 billion. The same has happened with its ETH spinoff WBTC. Its market cap has come down to stand at $7.89 billion. However, the whale’s accumulation suggests a trend of dip buying. Meanwhile, DeFi tokens market valuation has dropped by a massive 26% over the last day. It now stands at $50.51 billion.
- Shiba Inu Emerges As Top Choice Of ETH Whales; Here’s Why
- Just-In: Shiba Inu Will Release New Token, Here’s How To Earn It
- Breaking: China Court Rules Restrictions On USDT, Here’s Why
- After Market Turmoil, USDC Issuer Circle Comes Clean Hinting No Liquidity Risks
- Just In: More Trouble For India’s Crypto Ecosystem With Latest Enforcement
- Is Celsius (CEL) Next To File Bankruptcy After Voyager, Three Arrows
- Bitcoin Hovers Around 20K; Will It Recover?
- Lido Staked ETH (stETH) Close To Ethereum Price, Why It’s Good For Crypto
- Ethereum (ETH) Recovery To $1.1K A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s Why
- In June 2022, Bitcoin (BTC) Recorded the Worst Monthly Performance In History, Now What?
- MANA Price Analysis: Will Triangle Breakout Propel Market Price by 40%?
- Solana Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Bolster SOL Above $42.5
- BNB Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Breakout Aims BNB to Surpass $300
- APE Price Analysis: $5.6 Breakout May Trigger Bullish Reversal pattern
- CRV Price analysis: Rising $CRV Knockout $0.86 Resistance; is $1 Next?
- Polygon Price Analysis: 20 EMA Resistance Pressurize MATIC for $0.45 Breakdown
- THORChain Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Aim RUNE Price to Hit $3.4
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655