Ahead of the all-important the MimbleWimble (MWEB) update, the whales appear to be steadily eyeing Litecoin. The upgrade will allow transactions with the new MWEB privacy features.
MimbleWimble Protocol Features
The MWEB protocol allows for addition of confidential transactions on the Litecoin blockchain. Besides, the protocol reduces unwanted data on transactions from the blocks.
Charlie Lee, the creator of Litecoin, announced in a tweet that MWEB would be activated on Thursday.
“MWEB is currently estimated to activate on 5/19. We are thinking of doing a livestream event to celebrate activation. Stay tuned for more details soon.”
David Burkett, the Litecoin update’s lead developer, said to the node operators,
“Anyone interested in using the MWEB, and especially those who installed one of the earlier release candidates, should upgrade to the official v0.21.2 before MWEB activates. If you wait until after MWEB activation to upgrade, you’ll unfortunately be required to resync the blockchain from scratch.”
Litecoin Price Jump?
In what could be a clear signal of bullish sentiment among investors for Litecoin, there has been significant purchase activity lately. Litecoin is among the top 10 purchased tokens among 100 biggest whales in the last 24 hours. The data was provided by WhaleStats, a platform that analyses the top 10 ETH wallets.
Clealry, the new update is something the big investors are looking forward to. This could mean a positive outlook for the 18th ranked cryptocurrency.
Following a widespread cryptocurrency price decline last week, the altcoin hit a recent low of $55. As of writing, the token was trading at $73, a nearly 10% jump in 24 hours, according to CoinGecko. Thanks to a bull run last year, the altcoin hit an all-time high of $410. Its current market cap is $5.15 billion.
The activation of MWEB upgrade comes amid much hype after around two years following the commencement in 2020. Traders are anticipating a boost to Litecoin’s prospects due to MWEB, in the lines of surpassing the $100 mark.
- Shiba Inu Emerges As Top Choice Of ETH Whales; Here’s Why
- Just-In: Shiba Inu Will Release New Token, Here’s How To Earn It
- Breaking: China Court Rules Restrictions On USDT, Here’s Why
- After Market Turmoil, USDC Issuer Circle Comes Clean Hinting No Liquidity Risks
- Just In: More Trouble For India’s Crypto Ecosystem With Latest Enforcement
- Is Celsius (CEL) Next To File Bankruptcy After Voyager, Three Arrows
- Bitcoin Hovers Around 20K; Will It Recover?
- Lido Staked ETH (stETH) Close To Ethereum Price, Why It’s Good For Crypto
- Ethereum (ETH) Recovery To $1.1K A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s Why
- In June 2022, Bitcoin (BTC) Recorded the Worst Monthly Performance In History, Now What?
- MANA Price Analysis: Will Triangle Breakout Propel Market Price by 40%?
- Solana Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Bolster SOL Above $42.5
- BNB Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Breakout Aims BNB to Surpass $300
- APE Price Analysis: $5.6 Breakout May Trigger Bullish Reversal pattern
- CRV Price analysis: Rising $CRV Knockout $0.86 Resistance; is $1 Next?
- Polygon Price Analysis: 20 EMA Resistance Pressurize MATIC for $0.45 Breakdown
- THORChain Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Aim RUNE Price to Hit $3.4
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655