The effaced Terra (LUNA) blockchain vanished as a result of the transfer of $3.5 billion worth of bitcoin. The reserve was meant to be useful exactly in such disastrous events, say otherwise. Elliptic, the blockchain forensic firm is working on its analytics tools to trace the moved bitcoins following the downfall.
Tracing Terra’s Massive Bitcoin Reserve
The speculations around the mysterious transfer of Terra’s huge Bitcoin reserve remain unfathomed. LUNAtics await the post-mortem report from Terra Labs regarding the past week’s jarring incident. While the rest of the market observers try to dig in on the whereabouts of the untraceable Terra blockchain.
Neither the creators nor the foundation has released any updates post the crash. All we really know is that on May 9th a huge chunk (52,189 BTC) was moved to a single account on Gemini by LFG.
The rest of the bitcoins were moved to an account on the Binance exchange the following day. It is unsure to date whether the bitcoins were sold or moved. It may be vital for those keen on the recovery of the losses, to find out the reality of roughly 80,000 BTC that is currently untraceable.
Will Terra (LUNA) price make a comeback?
The past week has not been exciting at all for the LUNAtics. The price drop continued to hover around 50% over the last 24hrs. Luna holders might not spot any visible green candles in the near future. Apart from the apprehensive investors who suffered a great loss, developers who continued to build apps on the blockchain were hit severely too. Although it was an intense down spiral, it doesn’t look like Terra has killed crypto yet.
But, it was a definite close call for the Stablecoins. As proof of this, the market witnessed a positive recovery of Bitcoin, Binance Coin, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies. On Friday, the total crypto market cap was estimated to be $1.3Trillion. The current market cap of Terra (LUNA) close to midnight on Sunday was recorded at 1.41B INR.
Major Indian crypto platforms Coinswitch Kuber, Coins DCX, and Wazir X followed the trend by de-listing Terra (Luna) and UST Stablecoin. The halt is a precautionary measure from the platforms.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3