2021 has been all about crypto adoption and the nascent tech going mainstream. Until 2020 most of the VC funds and Wall Street giants kept a safe distance from the crypto market as they considered it too volatile to invest in. However, when their predictions about an inevitable bubble burst didn’t come true, they eventually joined in the trend to make the most of it.
Some of the biggest commercial banks like JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, and several others who once blocked crypto payments on their platform and called it a Ponzi scheme have to take a total turn to offer crypto-based products to their clients. The likes of Microstrategy became the pioneers of Fortune 500 companies investing in BTC as an inflation hedge over the US Dollar.
While 2021 was all about adoption, 2022 could be all about regulations as governments around the globe are currently mulling and examining various aspects of the crypto market and how it can be regulated. Some nations have regulated them under existing tax laws while many others are planning to bring in a new set of rules altogether. Circle CEO, Jeremy Allaire belive stablecoin regulations might set in but it won’t impact the growing adoption of stablecoins.
“In 2022 stablecoin adoption will continue its upward trajectory. We believe that dollars on the internet will soon be as efficient and widely available as text messages and email.”
Crypto CEOs predict brain drain
2021 saw VC firms pour in billions while numerous crypto startups gained Unicorn status within a couple of years of launch. With rising institutional interest in crypto, the amount of money that VC firms have invested in 2021 is more than all other years combined. However, with regulations looming over many crypto platforms are cautious in their approach.
In a recent interview with CNBC, some of the biggest crypto CEOs put forward their thought on what they think lies ahead of the crypto market. The likes of FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried belive it won’t be an immediate surprise action of the sort but year regulations are definitely ahead. The FTX CEO also drew focus towards the growing discussion around stablecoin regulations and said:
“There will be substantial fleshing out of the crypto regulatory systems over the next few years. There’s enormous worry about stablecoins right now. But it’s pretty straightforward to address. You have attestations, or you have an audit from a regulator.”
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long
- Avalanche Price Analysis: AVAX Sellers Tease $30 Fallout; Sell or Hold?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45