Crypto market including large cap coins like Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) are facing bloodbath & prices have fallen by 10% and 13% over last week respectively. Things have turned worse for first crypto exchange IPO Coinbase as $COIN stock price has fallen by more than 11% over last month. But, why this Cathie Wood backed stock is getting hit hard?
Why Cathie Wood backed Coinbase ($COIN) stock price is dumping Hard?
As per reports, Coinbase officials including its directors, chief product officers and chief accounting officers are dumping millions worth of $COIN shares in the market. While the drop in price of $COIN can be largely attributed to ongoing crypto market bloodbath this large selling by Coinbase employees is also among major factor for sharp decline in prices.
Back in April 2021, Coinbase gifted each of its 1700 employees 100 shares each worth $56 million. At the end of first day of trading $COIN was trading at $328 and it reached at all time high price of $342 on Nov. 12th, 2021. Coinbase also announced a $1.5 billion private senior note offering in Sep. 2021.
Another key factor for the downfall of this once hyped stock is interference by SEC. Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong’s plans to capture Defi Lending market took a hit when SEC called it a security. SEC asked Coinbase to shut down their lending operations and Coinbase CEO took this to public in an official tweet.
So. over and all, not all is good in Coinbase camp as insiders selling amid crypto market dump and a close rivalry with SEC seems to be very negative sentiment for retail investors. Though Cathie Wood and her ARK investment still holds Coinbase ($COIN) shares it will be interesting to see her reaction to these reports of insider selling.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long
- Avalanche Price Analysis: AVAX Sellers Tease $30 Fallout; Sell or Hold?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45