Lido, one of the largest Ethereum-based DeFi protocols, opened a community debate on whether to support Terra after its hard fork.
A community proposal endorsed by the main Lido team presents four scenarios for users with regards to supporting Terra, and intends to eventually open community voting on the matter.
The move comes amid growing support by LUNA holders for a Terra hard fork, which will see the creation of a new Terra blockchain.
This blockchain, called Terra V2, will be bereft of the stablecoin UST- the key factor behind Terra’s drastic crash.
Lido is one of the oldest and biggest players in the DeFi space. It is currently ranked third by total value locked, which stands at $8.6 billion, according to data from DeFi Llama.
Lido presents users with 4 scenarios on Terra
The proposal notes that Lido on Terra V1 was a resounding success, attracting over $10 billion in total value locked. But it also notes that supporting Terra V2 could expose Lido to risks such as a lack of adoption, and regulatory scrutiny.
As such, it presents users with four options- To not support the reboot, to support the reboot but not accept tokens from builders on the blockchain, to support the reboot, accept some builder tokens and donate the rest to impacted UST holders, or to entirely embrace the reboot.
The proposal notes that Terra’s community goodwill is likely to be nil after the debacle, and that Lido could also risk its reputation by supporting the reboot.
Early reactions a mixed bag
An overwhelming number of Tweets on the proposal are largely against supporting Terra V2. Users noted that exposure to a potential Terra crash could damage Lido’s ecosystem further. A lack of support for Terra V2 could also mean that Lido will be unable to recover its costs of supporting the project.
But replies to the proposal among the Lido community were more open to supporting Terra. Several replies were in favor of the third option, stating that the protocol would stand to benefit from being an early supporter, especially if the reboot were to be successful.
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Shibarium To Launch Soon; How It Can Pump Shiba Inu Prices?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%
- Uniswap Price Analysis: Can Ongoing Recovery Carry UNI Price to $8?
- SHIB Price Analysis: $0.00001 Breakout Could Pump SHIB by 33%