Do Kwon, the CEO of Terraform Labs who is currently being investigated by the police for counts of fraud, tax evasion and other violations of financial regulations is rumored requesting Luna 2.0 relisting when they begin issuance. As per rumors, his words; ‘please list Luna 2.0‘ was sent through a contact person that is suspected to be an employee of Terraform Labs in Singapore, via Telegram, to five exchanges that support KRW trading in Korea.
LUNA now at the mercy of exchange favours
CEO Kwon took to Twitter on the 18 of May to say; “Let’s name the existing Terra blockchain network ‘Terra Classic’ and the existing Luna ‘Luna Classic’ and create a new Terra blockchain.”
Validators’ votes have been casted and as of the 25th, the total voter turnout was 80.99%, and ‘agree’ was impressively at the rate of 67.27%, which indicates a very high probability of passing.
However, being a subject of investigation by the police, Do Kwon’s whereabouts are currently unknown. Financial crimes investigative teams also have their sights set on Kwon and as a result, the domestic exchange seems to be keeping Terra at arm’s length. The contacted domestic exchange platforms have reportedly replied to the request from Terraform Labs’ in a cold manner; “If you want to be listed, go through the official listing process.”
Terra looks to relaunch another version of LUNA
Following the tragic crash of LUNA and its sister stablecoin UST, Terraform Labs has reaffirmed their announcement to Launch Luna 2.0 and promises it to be a ‘genesis blockchain beginning from block 0 with no dApps launch’
The new blockchain has been confirmed for release on May 27 by Terraform Labs and has been announced that it will share no history whatsoever with Terra classic.
The organization clarified that the plan is to “Fork the Terra chain into a new chain without the algorithmic stable coin. The old chain to be called Terra Classic (token Luna Classic – LUNC), and the new chain to be called Terra (token Luna – LUNA).”
The new tokens are set to be airdropped across Luna Classic stakers, Luna Classic holders, residual UST holders, and essential app developers of Terra Classic.
- Shiba Inu Emerges As Top Choice Of ETH Whales; Here’s Why
- Just-In: Shiba Inu Will Release New Token, Here’s How To Earn It
- Breaking: China Court Rules Restrictions On USDT, Here’s Why
- After Market Turmoil, USDC Issuer Circle Comes Clean Hinting No Liquidity Risks
- Just In: More Trouble For India’s Crypto Ecosystem With Latest Enforcement
- Is Celsius (CEL) Next To File Bankruptcy After Voyager, Three Arrows
- Bitcoin Hovers Around 20K; Will It Recover?
- Lido Staked ETH (stETH) Close To Ethereum Price, Why It’s Good For Crypto
- Ethereum (ETH) Recovery To $1.1K A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s Why
- In June 2022, Bitcoin (BTC) Recorded the Worst Monthly Performance In History, Now What?
- MANA Price Analysis: Will Triangle Breakout Propel Market Price by 40%?
- Solana Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Bolster SOL Above $42.5
- BNB Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Breakout Aims BNB to Surpass $300
- APE Price Analysis: $5.6 Breakout May Trigger Bullish Reversal pattern
- CRV Price analysis: Rising $CRV Knockout $0.86 Resistance; is $1 Next?
- Polygon Price Analysis: 20 EMA Resistance Pressurize MATIC for $0.45 Breakdown
- THORChain Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Aim RUNE Price to Hit $3.4
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655