Avalanche cleared the air over the $92 million worth of AVAX tokens held by Terraform Labs and the Luna Foundation Guard (LFG).
The blockchain said that it does not believe Terra will sell its holdings of the tokens, and that it is willing to assist in any AVAX sales.
The holdings represent a small chunk of total AVAX supply, and could cause chaos in its prices if dumped. The LFG holds about 1.97 million tokens, while Terraform labs has about 1.07 million, Avalanche said.
The Terra Luna collapse has left many investors clueless about its future. However, Do Kwon, Terra’s head has introduced some plans to revive the chain
Terra holds over 3 Mln AVAX tokens
After the constant inquiry done by the AVAX community, the team informed that they are immobilized at the moment. It added that Terraform Labs (TFL) acquired around 1.09 million AVAX tokens and locked them up for a year. Avalanche mentioned that this amount of tokens represents 0.5% of the AVAX’s last week’s volume.
It further added that LFG purchases an additional 1.97 million AVAX tokens in a bid to use them for the reserve pool. This amount is calculated to be 0.9% of Avalanche’s last week’s generated volume. Meanwhile, AVAX looks hopeless here as LFG hasn’t revealed any plans to utilise holding AVAX tokens amid the proposed chain fork.
Recently, Terra disclosed that LFG is still holding almost 2 million AVAX tokens with 1.8 Billion UST and 222 million LUNA. Avalanche mentioned that they are ready to work with a sensible trading strategy if any sales of the token is required.
Tokens down by 60% since LFG purchase
Terra had added $200 million worth of AVAX tokens to its reserves earlier this year. However, the plan to build a $10 billion reserve wasn’t enough to protect the LUNA and UST tokens from the historic drop. The Avax token is trading at an average price of $30.10, at the press time. It has registered a jump of over 4% in the last 24 hours.
Meanwhile, the token is down by over 60% down since Terra’s acquisition. The Avalanche token was trading at around $84 on the day of purchase. The AVAX’s total market valuation has dropped to $8.1 billion in the meantime. However, Terra’s LUNA is down by almost 100% while its stablecoin has registered a collapse of 92% since then.
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Shibarium To Launch Soon; How It Can Pump Shiba Inu Prices?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%
- Uniswap Price Analysis: Can Ongoing Recovery Carry UNI Price to $8?
- SHIB Price Analysis: $0.00001 Breakout Could Pump SHIB by 33%