Some of the altcoins have performed phenomenally well despite the market correction over the last week. Along with Terra’s LUNA, one such altcoin that’s making news recently is Polygon’s MATIC. The MATIC price has surged to a new all-time high of $2.54 with another 12% gain in the last 24-hours.
MATIC’s resilience to the broader crypto market correction shows that the Ethereum Layer-2 scaling solution is gaining large acceptance recently. In the last seven days, the MATIC price has gained 25% dodging the broader market trend. This recent MATIC performance comes on the backdrop of some of the key developments initiated by Polygon recently.
Key Polygon Developments of December 2021
Earlier this month, Polygon acquired crypto startup Mir in a half-a-billion dollar deal in order to implement zk-Rollups technology at their end. The Mir will be assisting Polygon in implementing its groundbreaking technology and thus help in building Polygon Zero, a highly-scalable, Ethereum-compatible ZK Rollup. In their blog post, Polygon mentioned:
ZK scaling represents the future of Ethereum, but scalable, EVM-compatible ZK Rollups don’t exist yet. The missing piece is efficient recursive proofs, as recursion allows us to parallelize proof generation for much better performance. Unfortunately, the existing recursive proof systems supported by Ethereum are inefficient and slow.
Polygon will solve this through its recursive proof system plonky2 that will be incredibly fast and Ethereum-friendly.
Polygon Partners With Reddit co-founder for Web 3 Initiative
Last week, Polygon joined hands with Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian for undertaking a $200-million new Web 3 initiative. Polygon will be working with Alexis Ohanian’s Seven Seven Six venture to work on the intersection of social media and Web 3 to explore better ways for humans to connect online.
Ohanian said that this partnership will help shape “what the new internet looks like”. “We are still in the early days of Web3 and the most obvious opportunities right now are in gaming and social. This initiative will do just that, with a focus on gaming properties and social media platforms built on Polygon’s scalable infrastructure,” he added.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long
- Avalanche Price Analysis: AVAX Sellers Tease $30 Fallout; Sell or Hold?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE