According to recent updates in the ongoing XRP lawsuit, the case seems to be slipping away from Ripple and heading towards a settlement in the SEC’s favor. However, even if Ripple loses the case and XRP is declared as security, the question arises, Why only XRP?
If put in SEC Chief Grundfest’s words, even before the lawsuit was filed, he argued that “imposing security law obligations on XRP while leaving ETH untouched raises fundamental fairness questions about the exercise of commission discretion”. While one may get convinced that Ripple’s sales of XRP in the US were in fact sales of unregistered securities, but how is it any different from Ethereum?
Ripple CEO asserted XRP dominance over ETH if it weren’t for the SEC’s bias
Given the perspective of several crypto proponents, Ripple continues to stay on the right side of the line in lieu of the former SEC executive, William Hinman’s deposition and the glaring red flags on Ethereum getting a free pass with a similar business structure. However, it’s not just Ripple’s supporters, the CEO, Brad Garlinghouse himself believes that XRP is getting dragged through the mud while ETH enjoys its Alt-coin Dominance.
Last month, Garlinghouse claimed that XRP would’ve been at the No. 2 position instead of ETH if it weren’t for the commission’s bias crackdown. While speaking at the DC Fintech Week virtual conference, Garlinghouse argued that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission alleged Ripple’s XRP as unregistered security while granting Ethereum a regulatory free pass, which in turn helped ETH shoot through the roof. Additionally, he contented SEC’s “consumer protection” stance, noting that there are “nearly 50,000 U.S. people who hold XRP who are trying to sue the SEC for ‘protecting them’”.
“Within the last few years, XRP was the second most valuable digital asset. As it became clear the SEC had given a hall pass to ETH, ETH obviously has kind of exploded and that clarity has helped.”, argued Garlinghouse.
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?