According to recent updates in the ongoing XRP lawsuit, the case seems to be slipping away from Ripple and heading towards a settlement in the SEC’s favor. However, even if Ripple loses the case and XRP is declared as security, the question arises, Why only XRP?
If put in SEC Chief Grundfest’s words, even before the lawsuit was filed, he argued that “imposing security law obligations on XRP while leaving ETH untouched raises fundamental fairness questions about the exercise of commission discretion”. While one may get convinced that Ripple’s sales of XRP in the US were in fact sales of unregistered securities, but how is it any different from Ethereum?
Ripple CEO asserted XRP dominance over ETH if it weren’t for the SEC’s bias
Given the perspective of several crypto proponents, Ripple continues to stay on the right side of the line in lieu of the former SEC executive, William Hinman’s deposition and the glaring red flags on Ethereum getting a free pass with a similar business structure. However, it’s not just Ripple’s supporters, the CEO, Brad Garlinghouse himself believes that XRP is getting dragged through the mud while ETH enjoys its Alt-coin Dominance.
Last month, Garlinghouse claimed that XRP would’ve been at the No. 2 position instead of ETH if it weren’t for the commission’s bias crackdown. While speaking at the DC Fintech Week virtual conference, Garlinghouse argued that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission alleged Ripple’s XRP as unregistered security while granting Ethereum a regulatory free pass, which in turn helped ETH shoot through the roof. Additionally, he contented SEC’s “consumer protection” stance, noting that there are “nearly 50,000 U.S. people who hold XRP who are trying to sue the SEC for ‘protecting them’”.
“Within the last few years, XRP was the second most valuable digital asset. As it became clear the SEC had given a hall pass to ETH, ETH obviously has kind of exploded and that clarity has helped.”, argued Garlinghouse.
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- Prominent Investment Officer Predicts More Downside For Bitcoin Price, Here’s Why
- Investors Move $141 Million Out Of Crypto: CoinShares Report
- Just In: S. Korea Police Seek To Guard LUNA Assets
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?