Ripple (XRP) price has come under intense selling pressure after losing the temporary support around the $0.75 zone. XRP price prediction is most definitely directed to the downside even as fear grips the entire market. The Crypto Fear and Greed Index stands at 18/100 , pointing to Extreme Fear which is a sign that investors are too worried.
XRP Price Prediction: A Return To $0.6838 Looms
Ripple price trades at $0.7459, 31% below the December 23 high around $1.0750. After turning away from the aforementioned high, XRP price action has formed a descending parallel channel on the daily chart by recording a series of lower highs and lower lows.
A descending parallel channel is a significantly bearish channel suggesting that Ripple may drop further if it continues trading within the confines of the channel.
Therefore, failure to hold on to the immediate support at $0.7459 provided by the middle boundary of the channel could see the price of the cross-border remittances token drop to tag the lower boundary of the prevailing channel at $0.6838. This move will represent an 8.87% drop below the current price.
XRP/USD Daily Chart
Note that the bearish XRP price prediction is validated by the current pessimistic sentiment that has gripped the entire market causing the entire crypto market capitalization to drop below the $2 trillion mark, according to data from CoinMarketCap.
Moreover, the down-sloping moving averages and the position of the Relative Strength Index (RSI) at 32.98 validate XRP’s bearish thesis. Notice that the bearish momentum will gain more traction once the RSI enters the oversold region.
The downward movement of the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) indicator and its position below the zero line in the negative region also adds credence to Ripple’s pessimistic outlook.
Looking Over The Fence
The bearish XRP price prediction will be invalidated if bulls hold on the immediate support at $0.74596 embraced by the middle boundary of the descending channel. If this happens, Ripple could rise above the $0.80 psychological level to tag the upper boundary of the channel at $0.8096 or the moving averages above it.
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?