YouTube and Google’s deliberate purge of crypto and trading content continues, and a Pro Blockchain Media channel is the latest to be struck.
Pro Blockchain Media Channel argues that their content is purely educational and there is no harmful or dangerous content broadcasted from their official YouTube channel.
Hey @YouTube @TeamYouTube We Received strike on our channel! We do not make any Harmful or dangerous content! Pls check! Our channel – https://t.co/8B5Ds1sYLr @IvanOnTech @MMcrypto @Davincij15 @ForkLog @coindesk @Cointelegraph Help! ? pic.twitter.com/yIGcgTubxI
— PRO BLOCKCHAIN (@PRO_BLOCKCHAIN) March 3, 2020
Crypto Media Channels are Targeted
The channel creators even got the support of Ivan on Tech, well-known crypto and blockchain educator whose channel was temporarily blocked, preventing him from uploading useful content that’s beneficial for the growing crypto community.
His channel has over 250,000 subscribers but has been accused of sensationalizing content and sometimes shilling blockchain projects while offering information-only content.
Crypto and blockchain commentators argue that YouTube’s purge is rushed and uninformed.
It is retrogressive and would do more harm than good despite their attempts to block content deemed as financial advice and therefore harmful to consumers.
I need this appeal expedited as I make daily videos and can't upload for 7 days now!
— ₿it₿oy (@Bitboy_Crypto) March 1, 2020
YouTube appears to be targeting what their algorithm deems as sensationalist content. However, even as the purge continues, they don’t give any specific reason explaining their decision.
They flag content deemed as “harmful and dangerous”, further reeling the community and channel owners.
YouTube: “We are curbing Problematic Content”
Specifically, YouTube algorithms seem to target sensationalist content and, in their aim of curbing problematic content, resort to penalizing creators.
When Ivan on Tech was blocked, for example, he was barred from uploading new content for a week and live-streaming for three months, an inconvenience.
The wave of channel blocking was met with an outcry from the wider community. YouTube admitted that it was a mistake.
Google Play Banned MetaMask
Google Play is one of the leading app stores used by billions of Android smart phone users across the world. It is controlled by Google, which also controls YouTube, a video sharing platform.
Responding to this, MetaMask said:
“If left banned, we will work on other ways of bringing our services to users still stranded on the Android platform while they migrate to something freer. The story will not stop here, and it won’t stop with the Goliath winning.”
In the last week, the MetaMask Android client was suspended by the Google Play App Store @googleplaydev. They cited their policy that bans mining on mobile, which we don't. Appeal rejected. #ProtectWeb3.https://t.co/rfP4EbOAqv!?zippy_activeEl=cryptocurrencies%23cryptocurrencies
— MetaMask (@metamask_io) December 26, 2019
Feature Image Courtesy of Public Domain Pictures
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Cardano (ADA) Dodges Broader Market Correction With Another 8% Gains
- MultiChain users at risk of Getting Hacked, as Six Cross-Chain Tokens Experiences Vulnerability
- ‘Ripple is giving SEC more Trouble than Anyone in Crypto’ Attorney Chervinsky
- OpenSea Sets New ATH For Monthly Trading Volume, Surpasses $3.5B in ETH
- Malaysian Converts Selfies Into NFTs, Becomes Millionaire In Just 5 Days
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?