A big announcement by FCoin is rocking the crypto world. Crypto exchange FCoin has just announced that between 7,000 and 13,000 BTC cannot be recovered. The China-based cryptocurrency exchange says that the problem is neither a hack or an internal volume overrun. Rather it is a data error and a decision error. Clients stand to lose over $70,000,000.
FCoin Decision Error?
FCoin was launched in 2018. In the same year, the exchange was already under fire. At the time, the exchange was accused of inflating its trading volume. In one particular instance, the exchange posted a daily trading volume of over $5.4B which was more than the top ten largest exchanges combined.
Despite the problems, the exchange continued to be popular with its unique business model that touted turning cryptocurrency trading into mining.
Now the exchange has taken it to a new kind of level. Effectively seeing millions lost and crypto investors’ trust in the exchange’s lost.
In a post written by the exchange CEO and former Huobi executive, Jhang Jian, he notes;
“The biggest problem that FCoin currently faces is not the problem that the system cannot be restored, but the problem that the capital reserve cannot be paid by users. The internal problems and technical difficulties we face are the results of financial difficulties. It is expected that the scale of non-payment is between 7000-13000 BTC.”
The CEO continues to explain why the same has taken place noting the reason;
“It is neither an external hacking or an internal volume run, but a data error + a decision error. This is a problem that is a little too complicated to be explained in a single sentence…”
The story is long as the writer warns, with twists and turns. But basically drives at the fact that users should begin counting their losses.
Most users will remain unconvinced by the CEO and will suspect that this was a ploy to steal from them.
This is why it is important for exchanges to prove their assets under custody (AUC). https://t.co/Hn4myET430
— ViewBase (@viewbasecom) February 17, 2020
This has the potential to see an already struggling market further plummet as investors panic and withdraw their assets from small exchanges. For investors who have lost, the community hopes that there will be some legal action in the days to come.
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?