Two of the world’s largest cryptocurrencies – Bitcoin and Ethereum – have made solid moves over the last weekend breaking past crucial resistances. BTC has surged all the way to $48,000 while ETH has been trading past $3,300 levels.
As Bitcoin continues to make strong gains, its long-term holder accumulation has reached the highest level as per data from Glassnode. Furthermore, as BTC gives a weekly close above $46,000, its short-term capitulation seems to be over.
Bitcoin is 45% off the lows and Long-term holder accumulation is still at the highest level ever. pic.twitter.com/JyRZLi3KUH
— Will Clemente (@WClementeIII) March 28, 2022
Additional on-chain data shows that the Bitcoin accumulation is pretty strong at this stage. Citing data from Glassnode, crypto market analyst Dylan LeClair explains:
Bitcoin is trading at $48,000 and throughout its entire history, there has only been one other time that the percentage of supply that hadn’t moved in over a year was at this level; September 2020.
But as the Bitcoin (BTC) price approaches $48,000, we might see some short-term profit booking at this stage. To understand this, let’s take a look at the Bitcoin MVRV ratio. It shows the average Profit/Loss of Bitcoin holders who bought the coin within the last year.
As we know the BTC price has surged past $47,000 for the first time in three months since January 4, 2022. Crypto market analyst Lesia Chenko writes:
Short-term MVRV (30d) is breaking above 10%, meaning recent Bitcoin buyers are on average up 10% on their investment. Previous two times when avg P/L of short-term traders reached 10% we faced strong selling pressure (sending BTC down over 15%).
Ethereum (ETH) Whale Addresses On the Rise
The world’s second-largest cryptocurrency has shown similar volatility as Bitcoin this year. However, the Ethereum (ETH) accumulation by whales continues on the sidelines. On-chain data provider Santiment reports:
The number of #Ethereum addresses with 10k+ $ETH has grown to the largest amount (1,329) since December, 2021. This includes 40 more in just 5 weeks. There has been an evident correlation between the number of whale addresses & future price movement.
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?