Blockfi, the crypto payment and bitcoin lending startup that bridges the gap between traditional finance and crypto has raised $350 million in a Series D funding round, taking their valuation over $3 billion. The funding round was lead by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments, and Tiger Global.
The crypto payment processor was valued at $450 million after the completion of the Series C funding round where it raised USD 50 million.
Zac Prince, CEO, and co-founder of BlockFi said,
our growth, the size of the industry, and as a result, the size of businesses that can be built in this industry. If you look at some of the constituents in the round, it’s a testament to increasing institutional adoption, and participation in the crypto ecosystem or crypto as an asset class by very high-quality and sophisticated institutional investors.
Crypto Companies Rises in Valuation
The rise in cryptocurrencies price this bull season along with growing demand from institutions and retail traders alike has propelled it to the mainstream. Amid the growing adoption of cryptocurrencies, the valuation of crypto companies has seen a significant rise as well, where the likes of Coinbase, Bakkt, and many other mining companies are set to make their public debut. The Coinbase crypto exchange has a pre-market valuation of $100 billion.
Many other crypto companies might join the growing trend of going public this year and their rising valuation and growing investment is proof of the mainstream market showing acceptance for these digital asset companies.
The growing demand for cryptocurrencies related products and services has not just helped crypto service providers to gain traction among mainstream financial giants, it has also forced traditional financial companies to start offering crypto services to meet growing clients’ demands. Many wall street hedge funds and commercial banks are actively looking to gain exposure to Bitcoin and Bitcoin-related products.
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- “People Mocking Saylor Will Regret”- Binance CEO
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?