BRG Token CEO Sina Estavi who also bought the first tweet converted into an NFT by Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey for a whopping $2.9 million was arrested by the Iranian Centre for Investigation of Organised Cyber Crimes. The official statement released by the authorities suggested that the BRG Token CEO has long been involved with illegal activities. The official statement read,
“Members of the illegal, unbacked, and invalid BRG token have been arrested on charges of disrupting the country’s economic system, on orders from the special prosecutor’s office for economic crimes,”
The founder of the project Estavi has long been under the radar of the authorities for his token offering project that is accused of lacking backing, using false advertising, high concentration of tokens in a few wallets. The three government-recognized private entities namely Iran Blockchain Community, the Fintech Forum and the Organisation of Computer Guild Union that are active in the field of blockchain and cryptocurrencies also denied that the BRG token has ever been a member of their organizations.
NFT Craze and Bull Run Give Fuel to Many Crypto Scams?
Crypto bull runs have often given a new use case to the crypto-verse like ICOs in 2017 which was deemed as a revolutionary fundraising technique but soon disappeared thanks to a number of scams associated with the phenomenon. As crypto popularity rises each bull season, so does the number of scams that put even the good use cases into oblivion. The same is true this bull season as well, where NFTs and Meme coins seem to be the talk of the town today.
Just like the ICO era where scammers hired top celebrities to promote their scam, these bull season con artists are either investing hefty sums in NFT project of popular personalities or sending a significant portion of their newly launched tokens to popular personalities, for example, SHIBA Inu, a new community-driven meme coin locked nearly half of their market supply to Vitalik Buterin’s wallet.
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?