Bitcoin bulls should take a moment of caution as this might not be the right time for accumulation. As per the latest reports, Bitcoin Whales have accelerated depositing of their BTC holdings to exchanges. Meaning, we can possibly see heaving selling, and dumping in the short term.
Bitcoin is already facing selling pressure as the BTC price corrects another 5% slipping below $17,000. At press time, Bitcoin is trading at a price of $16,886 with a market cap of $313 billion. Cryptocurrency on-chain analyst and CryptoQuant CEO, Ki-Young Ju, has given a red alert.
$BTC Whales are depositing to exchanges. I expect dumping in the short-run.
All Exchanges Inflow Mean(144-block MA) hit 2 BTC. I think we're in a danger zone. The price is likely to go sideways or down when whales are active on exchanges. https://t.co/eIfHdkIzdL pic.twitter.com/CenxR44h5Q
— Ki Young Ju 주기영 (@ki_young_ju) November 27, 2020
As per the data from Glassnode, the number of Bitcoin Whales (investors holding over 1000 BTC) has reached an all-time high. The total number of Bitcoin whales worldwide is over 2000 as per the Glassnode data.
An entity is a cluster of network addresses controlled by the same individual/institution.
— glassnode (@glassnode) November 25, 2020
There’s been a steady rise in the number of Bitcoin Whales over the last few years, and more so in 2020. It looks like when the BTC price tanked during the March 2020 correction, whales accumulated in big numbers. Note that despite sizeable institutional participation this year, Bitcoin whales still dominate the BTC ownership and price movement as of date.
Bitcoin Heading for $14,000 And Possibly Even Lower
Just before Wednesday’s market crash, CNBC’s Brian Kelly had already warned of possible correction and Bitcoin going all the way to $12,000. Kelly noted that massive movement in the altcoin space has triggered the FOMO and attracted speculative investors.
Giddy up for Bitcoin as it rode past the $19K mark today for the first time since 2017. But @BKBrianKelly says you might want to hold your horses with the trade. Here’s why. pic.twitter.com/rc2ZKsBsEQ
— CNBC's Fast Money (@CNBCFastMoney) November 24, 2020
Kelly noted that the surge in newly created BTC addresses is also a sign of caution. He said: “Whenever you get that big of an address growth implied, that is a caution sign”. Another popular market analyst Peter Brandt said that a 37% correction from the top is on the cards.
A 37% correction from the recent top would bring $BTC back to $14,235
The interesting thing about the psychology of market speculation is this — many traders who swore they would be buyers of a big dip when price was above $19,000 will actually become sellers under $15k https://t.co/lP815MXmDp
— Peter Brandt (@PeterLBrandt) November 26, 2020
One of the major factors preventing BTC to cross its all-time high of $20,000 is that post that level, Bitcoin will enter a price discovery mode. Above $20,000, there’s no historical data to suggest how BTC will show its movement. Analysts think that after crossing its ATH, Bitcoin can settle anywhere between $25,000 and $100K. Thus, BTC bears and sellers are aggressively defending their position and interest while not letting it move past $20,000.
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?