Crypto derivatives exchanges are locked in competition for market share. As platforms like FTX and Bybit jostle for supremacy with BitMEX and Binance, a flurry of new tools and features is being gifted to traders in a bid to create lifelong customers. From generous referral schemes to reduced fees and trading competitions, expert crypto traders are routinely given the high roller treatment at the platforms where they ply their trade.
This week, Bybit threw another bone to its hardcore users in the form of customized in-app alerts for traders, ensuring they never miss a signal when they step away from their battle station. This might sound like a marginal improvement to Bybit’s trading app, but for traders, it has the potential to be a game changer. In the high thrills, high leveraged world of derivatives trading, a few seconds can be the difference between profit and liquidation.
The Crypto Market Never Sleeps
Unlike Wall Street, which has regular trading sessions and 15-minute timeouts should anything break, crypto doesn’t stop. As a result, traders with large positions open are prone to setting alarms to awaken them should their stops come close to being hit. The price paid for missing a vital trading signal can be high; Social media channels are full of stories of woe from traders who got distracted at the wrong time and paid the price.
“I put a buy order of $9270 when it was $9,500 and I was on the phone and then I saw I bought it and was liquidated,” complained one on a familiar Telegram group. “I went to the toilet and it was gone, like in 2 minutes,” confessed another who was liquidated before they’d had a chance to react.
In addition to price alerts, Bybit has added three other options to its new in-app alerting service: Trends, Big Movements, and Market Fever. Trends is based on the moving average of an asset and can provide buy and sell signals. Big Movements captures pivotal market moments, such as a new local high being reached, while Market Fever is focused on macro trends and provides a broader picture of the market outlook.
An Overload of Trading Indicators
Experienced traders seeking to gauge the mood of the markets have a plethora of indexes and tools, both TA and SA (sentiment) based. These make it easier to see which way the market is turning, though the more traders who utilize them, the lower the return is likely to be for following the crowd.
Last week, crypto data platform Nomics released a seven-day price prediction service for leading assets like BTC and ETH. It uses machine learning to predict prices, and calculates the margin for error with each prediction.
Bybit’s market alerts service adds to the arsenal of traders intent on staying in the loop at all times. Arriving in the wake of the exchange’s rollout of mutual insurance, it means traders have more risk management options than ever.
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?