U.S. crypto miner PrimeBlock said on Friday it had entered a deal to merge with blank-check firm 10X Capital Venture Acquisition Corp. II. The deal was signed at an enterprise value of $1.25 billion.
PrimeBlock has over 110 megawatts worth of data centers across 12 facilities in North America, and mainly targets Bitcoin and Ethereum mining. The deal will be completed by the second half of 2022, and will see PrimeBlock listed on the Nasdaq exchange, the company said in a press release.
The merged firm will be led by PrimeBlock’s current CEO, former Goldman Sachs VP Gaurav Budhrani.
Speculation over the deal has been ongoing since November. PrimeBlock and 10X also said they had secured $300 million in equity financing from an affiliate of asset manager Cantor Fitzgerald & Co.
PrimeBlock joins a growing list of crypto firms on the Nasdaq
PrimeBlock, which generated $24 million in revenue for Q4 2021, will join a host of crypto firms on the Nasdaq. The technology-heavy exchange has attracted several entrants from the crypto industry, including world no. 2 exchange Coinbase, as well as miners Riot Blockchain and Marathon Digital.
A public listing allows firms to court vast amounts of public capital, enabling them to grow their operations substantially. But listing also places strict reporting requirements on firms, and subjects them to scrutiny from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Blank-check firms to face increased scrutiny
Merging with a blank-check firm is a method of publicly listing that has grown in popularity over the past two years, given that it allows smaller firms to bypass the high disclosure requirements for a traditional IPO.
Several crypto firms have also listed through this method, the most recent example being Japanese crypto exchange Coincheck, which said it will list on the Nasdaq through a $1.25 billion deal.
But this trend may be soon coming to an end. The SEC recently unveiled new rules to increase the amount of disclosures required by blank-check firms, Reuters reported. The move comes as a rising number of blank-check mergers saw their shares crash in a short period of time.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5