Ethereum’s surge above $1,000 to record a new yearly high of $1,153 helped the second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap to record new highs including a market cap over $100 billion for the first time since the last bull run. ETH in its current bullish rally also flipped bitcoin for the highest daily spot trading volume on Binance for a brief period of time with $4.7 Billion volume.
Ethereum just briefly flipped Bitcoin on Binance by daily volume at $4.7 billion.
— Joseph Young (@iamjosephyoung) January 4, 2021
The record session for ETH has brought the altcoin even closer to its previous all-time-high recorded in January of 2018. One more rally of the same intensity could push the second-largest crypto to a new ATH. Ethereum is only 30% down from its ATH of $1,432, the price could soar further as the date for the Ether Futures launch by CME nears.
ETH Continues to Soar Against BTC
Bitcoin might have topped most of the headlines owing to its mammoth rally surging over $34,000 to create a new ATH., however ethereum is the real winner when it comes to year-to-date returns. The second largest cryptocurrency broke a crucial resistance against bitcoin last week at 0.0263 which has surged to 0.0320 by now. The market dominance of Ether is also on the rise in the past week rising over 13.63.
On the other hand, bitcoin dominance is trying to breach 73% and has been rejected on several occasions which might work in favor of altcoins as a declining market dominance of bitcoin often indicate towards a probable alt season.
BOOM here comes the Altseason, as per prediction in tweet above ???? ! $BTC dominance got rejected at 73% & made a bearish doji candle on weekly chart ! $ETH on the BTC pair bounced hard from supports and is attempting to breakout out of the Bull Flag ! #Altseason is here???? pic.twitter.com/TdlaONNTPG
— Syed Hussaini ???????????? (@Safi_hussaini91) January 4, 2021
Ethereum’s Rising Gas Fee Could Halt Its Progress?
When everything seems going in favor of ETH, the ghosts of exponential gas fee has come back to haunt the cryptocurrency again. The average gas fee as the demand for the cryptocurrency rose, ranged from $7 to $155 making it impossible for small traders to get their transaction verified. The same problem has haunted Ethereum throughout last year, where in certain exceptional cases a few traders had to pay thousands of dollars for their transaction approval.
OMG!! Ethereum transactions are more than $7 a pop. How will people be able to afford a cup of coffee in the third world?? pic.twitter.com/Tm16wLfv3x
— Mati Greenspan (tweets ≠ financial advice) (@MatiGreenspan) January 4, 2021
The launch of ETH 2.0 promises to take care of the long pertaining issue, however the launch of the new PoS based network would take at-least another two years and till then the developers must come with a temporary solution to avoid unnecessary congestion especially at these times when the demand for ETH is skyrocketing.
- ETH Whales Add Polygon (MATIC) Amid Prices Surge Of 60% In Last 7 Days
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%