The primary view of the markets suggests an evolution of Ethereum as an exclusive layer for financial settlements. However, Vitalik Buterin doesn’t agree with the narration and sticks to the ‘world computer’ idea.
As reported yesterday on CoinGape, the top applications on Ethereum are all DeFi-based. Today, leading crypto analyst and partner at Castle Island Ventures, Nic Carter, expresses similar views on the future of the network.
Simply put, fees are of immense importance to a blockchain with a capped supply. Otherwise, in case of uncapped supply, the users must “rely on perpetual inflation to finance security or fall back to permissioned validators” In a growing economy, inflation is a positive characteristic feature which provides the room for further growth. Hence. the validators’ and users’ motivation will lie either on the rewards from mining (eventually fees) or inflation.
Therefore, the prospect of building a blockchain empowering the world computer presents a paradoxical situation for Ethereum. However, Vitalik points out that it is only a short phase. He says,
No one is “embracing” high per-transaction fees. There’s certainly happiness about *total* fees being high, but that’s not the same as being ok with per-transaction fees being high.
The issue that Carter is presenting seems to take a pragmatic view of the situation. But Vitalik holds onto his vision. He says,
I think my main disagreement with your (Nic Carter) positioning is just that I don’t think the ethereum community has to the slightest extent abandoned the dream of supporting non-financial apps with affordable fees.
With the help of roll-ups, shards and plasma on Ethereum 2.0 the foundation envision to support all a variety of low fees based transactions. However, the apprehensions around its’ security and scalability is still a viable concern.
Ethereum 2.0 Update
Out of the four elaborate phases of launch, only the test-net of the first phase is active as out of yet. The Medella Testnet launch was the most recent update to the Ethereum 2.0 roadmap. Reportedly, there were flaws or setback in the beginning on the test-net. However, things seem to be functioning properly now. Successful implementation of Medella will finally pave way for the mainnet launch of the beacon chain.
Do you support the innovation led by Vitalik or agree with the views of Carter and Hasu? Please share your view with us.
- Cardano ($ADA) Reclaims Third Spot With 13% Price Jump, Here’s Why it Can Surge Further
- Evergrande Surges 27% Post Nationalization Rumors, Crypto Market Surge in Tandem
- Amid Strong Comeback Altcoins Add $100 Billion in 24 Hours, Ethereum (ETH) Above $3100
- Ethereum Price Retests Key Resistance Level as Aided by These Two Fundamentals
- Mike Novogratz Predicts Key Bitcoin ($BTC) and Ethereum ($ETH) Levels to Watchout For
- QuadrigaCx Saga to be Featured as a Documentary on this Popular Streaming Service
- Gluwa Wallet and Aella Credit Collaboration Sees Over 1 Million Transactions on the Blockchain
- Canadian Securities Regulators Warn Crypto Firms of Misleading Ads. Here Are the Defined Dos and Don’ts
- Solrise Finance and Civic Technologies Launch First Permissioned DEX on Solana
- eToro Sets Eyes on Defi Market, Launches 11 Defi Assets Based Investment Portfolio