Within the last couple of years, few terms have been as popular, influential, and controversial as the term “Meme coins”. Meme Coins have become a symbol of counterculture, a channel to redefine the financial world, and in many ways the monetary voice of an entire generation. Even though most mainstream narratives dismiss Meme Coins as a fringe easily manipulated asset within the crypto space, they have shown that it can be an avenue to not take the traditional world too “seriously.” They have displayed the balance between serious engineering and non-serious light-hearted nature of social media.
Dogecoin was the first Memecoin, programmed in 2013 with the intention to be a social commentary on the crypto space. Little did the developers know that this fun project would be worth over 80 billion becoming a household name in the western world. Inspired and motivated by the success of DOGE numerous meme coins flooded the market. The most popular ones are Shiba Inu, Dogelon Mars, Floki, Mononoke Inu, and so on; each catering to a different set of internet population and ideologies.
Bringing Utility to Meme Coins
Although the inception of meme coins happened just for entertainment and a social experiment, the space has evolved to cater to numerous use cases. For starters, meme coins started to find wider acceptance in multiple avenues. AMC Entertainment became the first major cinema chain to start accepting DOGE and Regal Cinema shortly followed. Elon Musk, one of the most prominent supporters of DOGE recently revealed that the most popular meme coin can be accepted for buying Tesla merchandise.
Dogecoin is not the only meme cryptocurrency to find acceptance. Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin donated a Billion dollars worth of Shiba Inu to help in India’s efforts to fight the second wave of COVID 19.
Meme Coins have become so influential in the mainstream that they inspired a whole new set of stocks, Meme Stocks. Meme Stocks are again community-driven assets of companies whose value represents the love of the general population. Floki Inu has signed a back-of-shirt sponsorship deal with Napoli, a series A Italian club. Floki has also partnered with other football clubs, including the Kerala Blasters from the Indian Super League and La Liga’s Cádiz.
There are newer projects like Mononoke Inu that are redefining the way meme coins are looked at. Mononoke Inu token was created to unify the DeFi space, bridging the gap between the community and the project. The meme coin aspect of Mononoke Inu helps bring the community together while the Play-to-earn structure incentivizes the community to engage with the project.
Mononoke Inu is a 2D adventure scroller blockchain-based game that can be accessed from both mobile and desktop. Completing stages, defeating bosses, and collecting in-game power-ups results in players earning tokens that can be exchanged for real-world money. The in-game assets are minted NFTs giving the gamers unique propositions to hold the assets.
Meme Coins have become so influential in the mainstream that they inspired a whole new set of stocks, Meme Stocks. Meme Stocks are again community-driven assets of companies whose value represents the love of the general population. With the advent of projects like Mononoke Inu the threshold of what meme coin projects can do has certainly increased.
To know more about Mononoke Inu, visit their website.
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Expert Sees Fed Reversing Interest Rate Hikes, How Will It Affect Crypto?
- New Bullish Cycle Likely After Bitcoin Reaches This Level, Stats Show
- Cardano (ADA) Sees Big Drop In Interest, But Is Likely Primed For A Rally
- Digital Asset Investment Products Saw Net Outflows of USD 423 Million Last Week, Sell on Rise?
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000