Mastercard, the centralized payment processing giant is making big strides in the crypto world and n0w it is planning to push crypto card services in the Asia Pacific region. The firm has partnered with three digital asset firms from the region that would allow native customers to convert their Bitcoin and other crypto-assets into fiat. The three partner firms include Hong Kong’s crypto finance firm Amber Group, Thailand’s crypto exchange Bitkub and Australia’s trading platform Coinja.
The three firms would help Mastercard to issue crypto-linked debit, credit, and prepaid cards for individuals as well as business owners. The move is said to be inspired by the growing interest of the local population towards digital assets. A recent survey in the Asia Pacific region revealed that 45% o of the consumers in the region plans to invest in digital assets in the next year, which is 5% higher than the global average and Mastercard aims to bank on that.
“In collaboration with these partners that adhere to the same core principles that Mastercard does—that any digital currency must offer stability, regulatory compliance and consumer protection—Mastercard is expanding what’s possible with cryptocurrencies to give people even greater choice and flexibility in how they pay,” said Rama Sridhar, Mastercard’s executive vice president who oversees digital partnerships in Asia Pacific, in the statement.
Mastercard Aims to Make Big in Crypto
Just a couple of years back, crypto transactions were often blocked by the Mastercard network, however, times have changed, and the payment processing giant is looking to become one of the key stakeholders in the crypto payment ecosystem. The fact that it has made three simultaneous partnerships in Asia Pacific regions explains the company really wants to capture a portion of one of the largest crypto transaction corridors.
Asia Pacific regions are also one of the largest crypto remittance markets with the likes of Ripple dominating the cross-border transfer services.
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?