With a severe correction over the last month, the DeFi market showed some recovery along with the overall cryptocurrency market. DeFi token Compound (COMP) has registered a solid rally gaining nearly 45% just over the last three days.
The COMP price surged all the way from $215 on Sunday, June 27, to $325 during the Tuesday market rally. The recent price rally in COMP comes along with some good improvements in its on-chain metrics. As per the report from Santiment, COMP has successfully managed to break from the “strong hold” of Bitcoin registering a solid move upside.
Over the last three days, there has been a strong uptick in the address activity of COMP. However, citing historical charts, Santiment notes:
“Looking at previous strong spikes we would not feel so confident. They were very short living and COMP dumped quite soon. During these upticks people may want to sell”.
Are We Approaching A Local Top for COMP?
Apart from active addresses, the daily active deposits for COMP are on an uptrend. Looking at some previous deposit spikes, all point out at the local top in COMP price. Santiment notes that the surge in DAD is actually not a good sign for COMP. Meaning, we could be heading for some price correction going ahead. On the other hand, there’s also an uptik in the exchange inflows for COMP.
Further commenting upon the network profit-and-loss for the COMP token, Santiment writes:
“NPL just declining and declining. Even during upticks people just seem to be getting away from this coin. So yeah, the latest spike is relatively low but actually it’s a first time in a while that we see it moving to the positive. People are very quick to take even small profits”.
All these metrics suggest that COMP can come under pressure and witness price correction post this recent rally.
Compound Labs Launches ‘Treasury’
In a move to serve institutional DeFi players, the DeFi firm Compound Labs announced its new company Compound Treasury. the new entity Compound Treasury will work in partnership with Circle and Fireblocks and will allow fintech firms and neobanks to send that can be converted to USDC easily.
These USDC stablecoins will be deployed on the Compound network with a guaranteed interest rate of 4%. Speaking to CoinDesk, Compound founder Robert Leshner said:
“This is our path to sustainability as a company. … If the interest rates in Compound earn more than 4% over time, the business will make money. It’s the ability to offer a new financial product that fintechs have been clamoring for.”
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- FTX Chief Sam Bankman-Fried thinks Bitcoin Has No Future As A Payments System
- Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon Network
- Where Is Terra’s (LUNA) Enormous Bitcoin Reserve?
- Binance CEO CZ Clears Air On Their Investment In Terra LUNA
- LUNA Price Jumps 1500%, Time To Buy Or Another Trap?
- Terra Founder Proposes Revival Plan But LUNA 2.0 Shall Be An Uphill Task, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Circle Mints 8.4 Billion USDC Within 7 Days, Why?
- Buy The Dip? Whales Add $1.2 Bln Bitcoin As Price Falls Below $30K
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?
- TRX Price Analysis: Fallout of $0.075 Support Hints 18% Drop in TRX
- Ethereum Price Forecast: Is The Dip Over Or There Is More Pain Ahead?
- MANA Price May Tumble By 42%; Here’s Why