Solana is one of the crypto giants contributing $47 billion to the crypto market. The currency came into existence in 2020 and has been on an upward spiral ever since. Bank of America states that Solana could shortly become the ‘visa of crypto.
Coin Telegraph reports that Bank of America will acquire Ethereum’s market profit because it enables a series of advantages during transactions and other uses. More than 50 billion transactions and around 5.7 non-fungible tokens are used in the crypto market. However, various critics condemn the move due to the decentralized network and long-term viability.
Solana Brings Several Advantages To The Table
Coin Telegraph quoted Bank of America’s digital asset strategist Alkesh Shah saying, “Its ability to provide high throughput, low cost, and ease of use create a blockchain optimized for consumer use cases like micropayments, Defi, NFTs, decentralized networks (Web3) and gaming.”
“Ethereum prioritizes decentralization and security, but at the expense of scalability, which has led to periods of network congestion and transaction fees that are occasionally larger than the value of the transaction being sent.” Solana prioritizes scalability, but a relatively less decentralized and secure blockchain has tradeoffs, illustrated by several network performance issues since inception,” he added.
The data show that there is more than 1,700 visa transaction each second, the visa network is equipped to handle 24,000 transactions per second. The efficiency of Ethereum is 12 transactions per second at present; on the other hand, visa transactions for Solana can reach up to 65.000 transactions per second.
Recent Issues Are A Matter Of Concern
Solana has recently witnessed several significant network problems, including withdrawal problems on July 12. The reports suggest a halt in performance on January 7 and a DDoS attack on January 5. Solana also encountered network congestion due to mass botting last year in December.
Austin Federal, communication head at Solana Labs, stated that the developer is constantly eliminating the network and performance issues to improve the transaction and optimization of other services. The team of professionals is committed to providing the best experiences in the market and upscaling the growth graph by introducing advanced attributes in the system.
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?