The stablecoin supply of cryptocurrencies has been in a strong uptrend in March 2020. Last night, $60 million was added to the inventory of Tether, as the firm prepares for issuance of more USDT.
? ? ? ? ? ? 60,000,000 #USDT (59,854,340 USD) minted at Tether Treasury
— Whale Alert (@whale_alert) April 2, 2020
PSA: inventory replenish. Note this is an authorized but not issued transaction, meaning that this amount will be used as inventory for next period issuance requests.
The total liability (asset issued on-chain) has increased to $6.43 billion. As reported only a week earlier, Tether (USDT) supply was at $6.19 billion; it has risen by $240 million since then. Nic Carter, the founder of Coin-metrics tweeted,
Stablecoins collectively tacked on over $2b in March 2020 – by far their best month ever. Nontether stablecoins grew by $500m. Big winners: Tether, USDC, Binance Dollar
As the traders remain in the fear of a downtrend due to the economic slowdown, the increase in stablecoin volume points towards bulls in the future.
In the past as well, the rise in the supply of Tether has acted as a precursor to a bull season in crypto markets. The last time a rise in the supply was witnessed was before the bull run of 2019 in May 2019; USDT increased from $2.56 billion to $3.28 billion in less than a month.
The massive QE program which the Governments of the world ($6 trillion by the US alone) have undertaken to address the coronavirus crisis might also be influencing an increase of USD based stable coins.
Apart from acting as a fundamental bullish indicator, Tether also adds sufficient liquidity for swings in price. Sid Shekhar, co-founder of market tracker TokenAnalyst told the media,
The more Tether there is in existence (and specifically the more sitting on exchanges), the more there is opportunity for sharp swings
How do you think the issuance will affect the crypto markets? Please share your views with us.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?