Blockchain security firm CertiK has flagged Binance Smart Chain-based yield farming protocol Arbix Finance as a rug pull.
CertiK Flags Arbix Finance
According to CertiK’s incident analysis, Arbix Finance project shows one too many red flags. The security firm was quoted as saying:
“The ARBX contract has mint() with only owner function, 10 million ARBX tokens were minted to 8 addresses”
CertiK also confirms that 4.5 million ARBX was minted to a single address, after which “The 4.5M minted tokens were then dumped.”
Another red flag identified by the firm is the $10 million user funds. That fund was directed to unverified pools after deposit, and how convenient, that a hacker eventually gained access to it all, draining the entire $10 million assets from the pool.
However, with the aid of the Skytrace tool, CertiK was able to determine that the hacker moved the funds to Ethereum via AnySwap USDT exchange.
What Exactly Is A Rug Pull?
Generally, a “rug pull” refers to what happens when the founders of a project totally abandon that project after receiving a huge amount of investments from unsuspecting users. In fact, scams of this nature are fast becoming very rampant in the crypto industry as recent reports have revealed. So far, no less than $7.7 billion worth of cryptocurrency funds have been reported lost to rug pulls globally.
In fact, a recent report by Chainalysis confirms that rug pulls alone accounted for 37% of all crypto scam revenue in 2021. This means that rug pulls have contributed immensely to the rising cases of money loss through crypto scams.
Recalling the AnubisDAO rug pull of November 2021, investors were reeled in by the unbelievably sky-high gains in the popular canine-themed meme coins. This saw the investors losing close to $57 million worth of Ether (ETH) in the rug pull.
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?