Last Wednesday, hackers stole about $320 million in cryptocurrency from Wormhole, a bridge between Solana and other DeFi blockchain networks. The online stealers made away with 120,000 wETH, or so-called wrapped Ether.
The hackers then converted 93,750 of it into Ethereum and transferred it to another wallet.
Wormhole offers a $10 million bounty
Five days after the heist now, Wormhole offers $10 million to anyone who provides ‘information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for last week’s theft.
Wormhole reaffirmed its “white hat” $10 million offer to the stealers in exchange for the secure return of robbed funds. Additionally, the platform offered $10 million for news leading to the detention of the threat actors.
The platform in a blogpost announced on its official website, “A $10,000,000 reward is offered for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the hack of Wormhole on February 2, 2022, or the recovery of the stolen assets”. “The $10,000,000 white hat offer remains open for the timely return of the funds. You can reach out to [email protected]”
Wormhole hack is another headache adding to a slew of problems for Solana, the blockchain that boasts lower transaction fees than primary rival Ethereum. Last fall, Solana was down for 17 hours after trading software bots attacks, which also recently degraded the network’s performance.
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?