With the crypto market heating up and a potential new wave of users entering the space over the coming months, one of the easiest ways to bridge the gap between the legacy banking world and digital assets is through the range of crypto card services now available.
Crypto card platforms allow users to access and hold funds in cryptocurrencies, with the convenience to spend them in the same way they spend fiat money using a bank card. They remove some of the friction in exchanging crypto and fiat to and from bank accounts, lowering the barrier to adoption with merchant acceptance at over 53 million existing locations.
As demand for both digital assets and card payment services has grown, several crypto card offerings have developed. Here are some of the best options across the market today.
The Coinbase Visa Debit Card is linked to users’ Coinbase accounts, allowing them to take advantage of their BTC, ETH, LTC, BCH, XRP, BAT, REP, ZRX, or XLM balance to make card payments, providing a quick and easy way to spend crypto worldwide.
The Coinbase Card is currently available to eligible customers throughout Europe and the UK, with the US waitlist launching recently. The card is complemented by its own dedicated app, allowing you to adjust your crypto funding source and monitor transactions on the go, with spending summaries, receipts, and instant notifications.
- Google Pay support.
- Select your preferred crypto funding source at the click of a button.
- Fiat and crypto deposits and withdrawals using Coinbase’s world-class security infrastructure.
- Free domestic and international cash withdrawals up to €200 / £200.
- Free domestic purchase transaction fees with fixed crypto conversion fees.
- Up to 4% cashback rewards for selected markets and assets.
- Spend up to €10,000 / £10,000 daily.
CoinZoom is a traditional B2B and B2C brokerage firm providing an institutional-grade digital banking solution for crypto and fiat. It’s introduced the CoinZoom Visa Card and wallet app, allowing users to buy, sell, trade, and spend Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, and other cryptocurrencies in the US market.
CoinZoom’s digital currency exchange provides the underlying infrastructure for the card, alongside its peer-to-peer fiat and crypto remittance system, ZoomMe, allowing customers to send USD or crypto instantly and free to friends or family globally.
- Apple Pay and Samsung Pay support.
- Automatic change roundups to cryptocurrencies.
- Gain referral rewards of up to $50,000.
- Up to 5% cashback on all card purchases.
- Up to 50% fee discounts for ZOOM token holders.
- Up to $10,000 per day free and instant Venmo-style remittance in USD or crypto.
Crypto.com provides an exchange platform enabling users to earn interest, access credit, accept payments, trade, and connect to defi services.
Its Visa Card solution links to the Crypto.com mobile app wallet service with access to buy and sell 7 fiat and 53 cryptocurrencies. The card is available throughout Asia, Europe, and the United States.
- Fiat and crypto deposits, with no fees for crypto to fiat conversion.
- No minimum balance requirements and no annual transaction fees.
- No fees on foreign-exchange.
- No fees on ATM withdrawals up to $1,000.
- 8% cashback rewards for CRO stakers.
- 10% rebate on Expedia and Airbnb purchases.
- 100% rebate on Spotify, Amazon Prime, and Netflix subscriptions.
Developed by one of the largest global cryptocurrency exchanges in partnership with a leading crypto debit card platform, Swipe, the Binance Visa Card is a relatively new entrant to the crypto card market, currently supporting BTC, SXP, BNB, and BUSD as transaction funding sources across Europe.
The card conveniently allows users to seamlessly move assets from their main Binance exchange wallet into their Binance Card wallet to spend their crypto on the go.
- Google Pay and Samsung Pay integration.
- Binance’s enhanced security features ensure funds are always SAFU.
- Auto top-ups from your main Binance wallet as required.
- No admin or processing fees.
- Less than 0.9% transaction fees.
- Receive up to 8% BNB cashback on purchases.
- Spend up to €8,000 per day.
Wirex’s multi-currency Visa card and complementary smartphone app support buying, selling, and spending of 18 traditional and cryptocurrencies, with cashback rewards on purchases and the highest level of security protection.
The Wirex Card is currently available in parts of Europe and the Asia-Pacific, accessing the best possible interbank and OTC rates for point-of-sale transactions funded by crypto-assets and paid in local currencies.
- No fee fiat and crypto deposits, withdrawals, and card transactions.
- Automatic conversion to local currencies at point-of-sale with no exchange fees.
- Flat fee for ATM withdrawals.
- Low $1.50 per month card management fee.
- Up to 100% fee discounts for WXT token holders.
- Up to 1.5% instant rewards on purchases paid in BTC.
- High limits of up to $50,000 daily.
Crypto Card Adoption Growth
Crypto cards provide an ideal stepping stone for new market entrants, significantly reducing the barrier to entry, as well as improving convenience and acceptance levels at existing merchants for all users.
The cards are already part of a wide range of products on these platforms, offering further utility for crypto funds as users navigate and learn more about the space over time.
- How Yield Farming Is Revolutionizing DeFi Loans
- Why Blockchain Technology and NFTs Could Significantly Increase the Revenue for Artists
- Parachains Are Gradually Disrupting Ethereum’s Dominance in the DeFi Space
- Digitalization is the next step in the food domain
- Blockchain-Based Financial Services – Say ‘hi’ to the Robinhood of Crypto
- Taker Protocol Raises $3M to Transform NFT Liquidity and Utilization
- Just-In: Coinbase Opens its “Prime” Brokerage Services For 9K Institutional Investors
- Here’s How Much Bitcoin (BTC) Can Correct In Case of Choppy Week Ahead
- Here’s Why XRP Investors are Suing Apple?
- Green Life Energy (Gnl) Is Changing The Landscape Of The Renewable Energy And Recycling Industry Powered By Blockchain Technology