Cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase is all set to list its COIN shares on Nasdaq ahead this month on April 14. The news has already created a major buzz in the global crypto community!
As per the latest Bloomberg report South Korean investors have now started piling the stocks companies having their association with crypto exchanges. Hanwha Investment & Securities Co, a broker having a minority stake in South Korean crypto exchange Upbit, has become the best performing stock on a year-to-date chart.
The stock of this company has gained more than 200% year-to-date. Interestingly, if we see the chart below, there’s a heavy accumulation over the last week, just at the time when Coinbase’s public listing confirmation arrived. Just in a week’s time, the Hanwha stock has shot up more than 100%.
The brokerage firm Hanwha own a minority 5.16% stake in Dunamu, that operates Upbit. The Bloomberg report notes:
“Hanwha Investment appears to be Korea’s biggest beneficiary of the latest optimism on digital currencies, fueled by Coinbase’s move to directly list on Nasdaq and speculations that Dunamu can make a similar move as cryptocurrencies become more mainstream”.
Dunamu Aims for a Nasdaq Listing
As per the latest industry report, Dynamo is now eyeing for a possibly listing on the tech-heavy U.S. index Nasdaq. It is interesting to note that stocks of other shareholders in Dunamu has also shot up in recent times.
For e.g. Kakao Corp. has surged 38% and Woori Technology Investment Co. has gained about 140%. As per the regulatory filing both these companies have 8% stake in Dunamu.
Coinbase listing sets a new precedence in the cryptosphere and provides the necessary fuel for other crypto firms to go public. Besides, it also bridges the gap with Wall Street and traditional markets.
On other hand, the crypto investors’ activity in South Korean has picked up strongly over the last week with the return of the Kimchi premium. Currently, the BTC price on Korean exchanges has shot above $71,000.
- Just-In: Grayscale Adds Five New Tokens To Its Investment Products
- Another Stablecoin Follows LUNA $UST, Crashes Within Hours
- PlanB: Bitcoin (BTC) Is Creating A Bottom For The Next Bull Market
- Shiba Inu Holders Increase Amid Market Crash, But There’s A Catch
- LUNA Crash: South Korea Toughens Up Investigations Over Terra (LUNA) Crisis
- Avalanche (AVAX) Slumps 5% In Minutes On Fears Of Terra Dump
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Reserves Decimated By Terra Crash
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Member Says Terra Reserves En Route
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?