US-based crypto exchange Bittrex is leaving no stone unturned to position itself akin to Coinbase as it partners up with Rialto for a regulated trading platform along with targeting institutions. Now long ago, Bittrex introduced fiat trading option for a selected few of its customers and ETC/USD pair only to one-up Coinbase with its partnership with Ripple for xRapid.
A regulated trading platform, institutional investors also part of the plan
According to the latest development, the US-based cryptocurrency exchange Bittrex is teaming up with Rialto Trading that operates a regulated Alternative Trading System (ATS) for trading fixed income products.
As for right now, Rialto has pending approval from regulators which will allow them to include digital assets. For this, both the companies are having “detailed conversations with regulators to launch this expanded platform.”
The move will further involve support to “US dollar (fiat) trading for digital securities. In addition, Rialto will provide services to the entire digital asset securities ecosystem, including issuance advisory services, placement, trading, and custody.”
Apparently, institutional investors are also targeted by Bittrex as it mentions, “Institutional investors, accredited investors, corporations and U.S.-registered broker-dealers who are interested in trading digital securities on the ATS may submit their interest for an account.”
Bittrex CEO Bill Shihara shared:
“We’re merging Bittrex’s technology, cybersecurity, and blockchain expertise with Rialto’s deep knowledge of the securities industry. And, when you add that foundation with Rialto’s extensive background in financial services, including Shari’s experience at Goldman Sachs and Deutsche Bank, this new venture is well-positioned to further advance blockchain’s adoption by offering a comprehensive solution at the right time.”
Also, read: Coinbase Strengthen Core Principles as it ExpandsCryptocurrency Use Cases
Bittrex positioning itself as Coinbase but with an additional move
With this move, Bittrex is surely making way to position itself akin to the biggest exchange of US, Coinbase. Coinbase is already working on acquiring a number of licenses along with seeking approval from the SEC.
Apparently, Bittrex has already been on this path as first it started with fiat trading services. Initially, the USD trading service has been granted to only a selected few which was, later on, was further extended to a few other users as well. And it won’t be far off when Bittrex will be allowing all of its user’s fiat tradings which will lead to a rise in its clients.
According to Coinmarketcap’s adjusted volume ranking, Bittrex ranks at 37th position with about $28.7 million 24-hour trading volume. Though it is not a big exchange, users do gravitate towards this exchange.
Recently, Cory Johnson of Ripple announced the company will be partnering up with Bittrex along with two other exchanges to facilitate their cross-border solutions via xRapid. With this xRapid connection and latest XRP/USD trading pair addition, it’s only going to rise further which puts it a step forward to Coinbase.
Not long ago, it also added ETC/USD pair which hasn’t been much after Coinbase introduced fiat option for Ethereum Classic (ETC).
Though small, Bittrex is all set to create its presence into the crypto market by going regulated, allowing fiat trading, and luring institutional investors.
- Just In: Amid Crash, Market Expansion Could Boost This Stablecoin
- This Stablecoin’s Market Cap Skyrockets Amid FUD In Tether, UST
- Will DeFi Giant Lido Support The Terra Reboot?
- Sandbox (SAND) Jumps 16% Ahead Of Listing On This Top Exchange
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000