Elon Musk pitched his two-cents in a latest Twitter threat against Jack Dorsey on Web3, Bitcoin, and Ethereum. Tesla CEO, Musk replied to Dogecoin cofounder, Billy Markus’ tweet about Bitcoin’s polarised nature, asserting that it “just gives power to new rich people”. Musk agreed with Markus, further claiming DOGE’s diversity, and supporting his long-standing “pro-Doge” stance.
I mean my goal is to build stuff and make money and have fun I’m used to the corporate establishment and don’t really see any meaningful break away from it ~ bitcoin just gives power to new rich people 🤷♂️
— Shibetoshi Nakamoto (@BillyM2k) December 23, 2021
Musk has repeatedly supported DOGE, calling it “cryptocurrency of the people” on multiple occasions. Additionally, Musk has also levied opportunities for DOGE at Tesla. Earlier this month, Tesla CEO made the latest announcement including DOGE, confirming that Tesla will accept DOGE payments for some of its merchandise and see how the meme token payment works with the system to further expand the same.
Tesla will make some merch buyable with Doge & see how it goes
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 14, 2021
Musk categorises DOGE for routine use and BTC as a Store-of-Value
Musks’s Twitter announcement followed his interview with TIME Magazine where he claimed DOGE’s dominance over the OG Bitcoin, arguing that DOGE is a better payment option as compared to Bitcoin (BTC), further highlighting BTC is not suitable for daily payments. Musk emphasised that while the transaction volume for BTC is rather low, its transaction cost continues to remain substantially high, which is opposite of DOGE, henceforth, claiming DOGE’s dominance for routine use, and levying BTC as a Store-of-Value.
“Fundamentally, bitcoin is not a good substitute for transactional currency. Even though it was created as a silly joke, dogecoin is better suited for transactions.[T]he transaction volume of bitcoin is low, and the cost per transaction is high”.
Musk noted that on one hand DOGE is a currency that “encourages people to spend, rather than sort of hoard as a store of value”, on the other hand he said that with BTC, investors prefer to hold on to it and not sell it or use it for transactions.
“There are advantages with crypto relative to fiat, in that fiat currency tends to get diluted by whatever government it is. It ends up being a pernicious tax on people, especially those who have cash savings with dilution of the money supply.”
- Terra LUNA 2.0 Price Falls By Over 60% Hours After Airdrop
- What Is Terra LUNA 2.0, Here’s All You Need To Know
- Whales Accumulating These DeFi Tokens Amid Price Crash
- This Analyst Predicts A Bitcoin Bottom Before Bullish Momentum
- Terra Team Officially Activates Terra 2.0 Pheonix-1 mainnet, Here Are the Details
- Tron’s TRX Burn Total Exceeds 7.7 Billion
- Tron Stablecoin Reaches Key Milestone Amid Bearish Trends
- Binance Italy Gets Govt Nod, Global Expansion Goes On
- Just In: Russia Inches Closer To Crypto Adoption With Latest Move
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) Soars 9% As ETH Crashes, Here’s Why
- CRV Price Analysis: Dual Trendline Limits The CRV Bull Run
- DOT Price Analysis: Uncertainty Over DOT Price May End With Trendline Breakout
- ERON Price Analysis: Emerging Bullish Pattern Foretells 65% Rise In ERON
- AAVE Price Analysis : $95 Breakdown Rease 25% Fall In AAVE Price
- Sandbox Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout Aims SAND To Hit $2.6
- MATIC Price Analysis: Bullish Influence Grows on Consolidation
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?