The world’s richest man Elon Musk has been named as the TIME’s Person of the year 2021 on Monday, December 13. Mr. Musk who has often had frank opinions about digital assets once again shared his opinions during an interview with TIME Magazine.
As we know, Elon Musk has been largely favoring the meme-inspired cryptocurrency Dogecoin (DOGE) for a very long period of time. He also noted that he has some part of his investments in DOGE apart from Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH).
During his recent interview, Musk said that he would prefer Dogecoin over Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency for transactional purposes. He further added:
“Fundamentally, bitcoin is not a good substitute for transactional currency. Even though it was created as a silly joke, dogecoin is better suited for transactions.[T]he transaction volume of bitcoin is low, and the cost per transaction is high”.
Bitcoin More Suitable As a Store-of-Value
While that Musk favors DOGE over BTC, he isn’t critical of the world’s largest cryptocurrency. Musk says he thinks Bitcoin to be more suitable as Store-of-Value. That is why investors usually hold on to it and not sell it or use it for transactions, he notes.
He further added that Dogecoin, on the other hand, is a currency that “encourages people to spend, rather than sort of hoard as a store of value”. While some Bitcoin supporters would also agree to the fact that Bitcoin serves as a store of value. On the other hand, countries like El Salvador have made Bitcoin a legal tender thereby facilitating daily BTC transactions.
Elon Musk is overall bullish about cryptocurrencies but he doubts that they will replace fiat. “I’m not a huge hater of fiat currency like many in the crypto world are,” he added. But he notes that crypto has a relatively higher advantage over fiat. He stated:
“There are advantages with crypto relative to fiat, in that fiat currency tends to get diluted by whatever government it is. It ends up being a pernicious tax on people, especially those who have cash savings with dilution of the money supply.”
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- Just-In: PlanB Reveals Bitcoin S2F Prediction For 2024 Halving
- Heavy Outflows Force Investors to Seek Refuge In Multi-crypto Investment Products
- PlanB: When Will Bitcoin (BTC) Price Cross $500K?
- Case Study: P2E Gaming Projects Tackling The Barriers To Web3 Mass Adoption
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?