The State Power Company of China, Lanzhou, Gansu announced on its website, that the district will be organizing a task force to conduct inspections on Bitcoin, along with other cryptocurrency mining companies. This has come instead of the District’s efforts at implementing energy consumption control measures during their “14th Five-Year Plan”.
Crypto mining businesses to sign a commitment letter
According to the published article, big data companies will face surprise inspections by the task force. Furthermore, the relevant mining firms are warranted to sign the ‘Commitment Letter for the Elimination of Bitcoin and Other Virtual Currency Mining Business Activities’. The companies will further pledge against carrying out any activities related to virtual currencies, such as Bitcoin mining, and trading.
This localized crypto mining crackdown is arranged by the Lanzhou New Area Company, in collaboration with the Gansu Energy Inspection Office, the Department of Industry and Information Technology, and the Development and Reform Commission.
Unsustainable Crypto markets
The State Power Company of China emphasized Bitcoin and other virtual currencies’ unsustainable nature. It stated that among other issues, crypto’s biggest drawback is its wasteful energy consumption. Additionally, the points at evasion of financial supervision, and lack of legal certainty for cryptocurrencies in China.
Especially, with the new mining rigs has launched the latest trend of electricity theft. It supports characteristics of large electricity theft, accompanied by an array of cybercrimes and money laundering activities. The article mentioned that electricity theft will not only disrupt the power supply order, but it has marked crypto as a potential threat to national property. Additionally, it also criticizes the decentralized system for undermining the rules of the market economy.
Meituan promotes CBDCs and sustainability
Smaller districts of China, along with a mass of companies are joining the wave of Crypto crackdowns to support a sustainable financial market. Yesterday, the Chinese Online Delivery Giant, Meituan began airdropping Digital Yuan “red packets” worth 10 yuan ($1.55), to promote low-carbon travel. This initiative promotes Central Bank’s Digital Yuan along with the nation’s carbon neutrality aim.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?