Today onwards, Meituan will start airdropping Digital Yuan “red packets” worth 10 yuan ($1.55), to promote low-carbon travel. According to the Chinese financial news site, cnstock.com, starting today, till December 31, the Meituan app users are eligible for receiving free airdrops.
The Digital Yuan red packet can be acquired through a simple keyword search on the Meituan app, along with the process of registration. The money can be further utilized for the platform’s bike-sharing service payments. Additionally, the red packet allows multiple procurements upon continuous usage of Meituan’s services.
Digital Yuan to promote nation’s carbon neutrality aim
This Digital Yuan Red packets’ trail to enable to use of CBDCs is a collaborative effort of, Meituan, Agricultural Bank of China, China Postal Savings Bank, and China Construction Bank for residents in nine regions, including Beijing, Shanghai, the Xiongan New Area, etc. These regions will be able to earn Digital Yuan along with promoting the nation’s carbon neutrality aim by enabling the first step, i.e., integrating the use of low-carbon travel in daily life.
“Our vision is to use low-carbon travel as a breakthrough and take advantage of the unique technology of digital yuan to incorporate the concept of the nation’s carbon neutrality goal to users’ daily life so that users can experience the convenience of consuming with digital yuan while enhancing their awareness of and participation in carbon emission reduction,” cnstock.com reported, citing a senior employee at Meituan.
Digital Yuan to Centralize Virtual transactions in China
China’s focus on implementing its CBDC has multiplied since its announcement of winding up the nationwide crypto crackdown. With its Digital Yuan, China aims to reduce the dependency on U.S. Dollar, along with dominating the global digital money markets. Especially now, after its latest victorious declaration about the completion of the nationwide virtual currency transactions crackdown. The Chinese government appears nearing its goals of centralizing the digital money sphere in the nation.
“Online asset management, equity crowdfunding, Internet insurance, virtual currency trading, internet foreign exchange trading, and fields have basically completed the rectification work and have been transferred to normalized supervision.”, stated the People’s Bank of China.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?