Coinbase Inc. ($COIN), one of the largest crypto exchanges that went public last month has malfunctioned again as users were unable to access their accounts amid a $500 billion market wipe-off.
We’re seeing some issues on Coinbase and Coinbase Pro and we’re aware some features may not be functioning completely normal. We’re investigating what’s going on right now, and as soon as we know more we’ll let you know.
— Coinbase Support (@CoinbaseSupport) May 19, 2021
The crypto market is down by over 25% with liquidations of over $8 billion. Bitcoin market registered the biggest liquidation with $3.47 billion worth of leveraged positions both long and short getting liquidated over the past 24-hours. Etheruem with over 40% decline for the day saw the second-highest liquidation with $2.19 billion in leverage positions getting rekt over the past 24-hours.
CoinmarketCap, the popular crypto price data platform is down as well. The market mayhem has not just lead to the liquidation of billions of leveraged positions, it has also disrupted major service platforms as well.
The top cryptocurrency nearly recorded a 50% correction from its ATH recorded 35 days ago while Ether’s price fell over 50% from the top within 8 days of ATH.
Binance Dismisses ETH & ERC-20 Withdrawals Temporarily
The world’s largest crypto exchange by trading volume Binance has temporarily suspended Eth and ERC-20 withdrawals on the platform.
*BINANCE: ETH AND ERC20 WITHDRAWALS ARE TEMPORARILY DISABLED
— *Walter Bloomberg (@DeItaone) May 19, 2021
The growing list of crypto platforms malfunctioning during the peak liquidation period has also run havoc on traders who were not able to access their accounts or sell during the peak trading hours. The falling markets amid malfunctioning crypto platforms bring back the memories of March last year which saw a similar liquidation spree across the whole cryptocurrency space.
The Bitcoin futures open interest reached a 3-month low as well indicating declining institutional confidence amid a market turmoil.
$BTC futures open interest across all exchanges hit a three-month low.
— CryptoQuant.com (@cryptoquant_com) May 19, 2021
Prominent Bitcoin proponent Michael Saylor reinforced his confidence in Bitcoin amid the market correction suggesting he won’t sell despite their Bitcoin profit worth $1 billion getting wiped off just after a day of purchasing $10 million in BTC.
The crypto market is currently fighting back to regain its losses and Bitcoin has jumped back above $37,000 and ETH regained its position above $2,500 at the time of writing.
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- “People Mocking Saylor Will Regret”- Binance CEO
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?