Coinbase ($COIN), the New York-based crypto exchange that went public last month has fallen below the reference price of $250 for the first time since listing. $COIN was trading just under $244 at the time of writing after registering a 5.3% decline since the opening today. The price fall comes amid a red crypto day in Twitter where the majority of the digital assets have fallen to the tune of 5%-10%.
*COINBASE FALLS 5.3% TO $244.60, BELOW REFERENCE PRICE OF $250
— *Walter Bloomberg (@DeItaone) May 17, 2021
Coinbase made its public debut on Nasdaq after a phenomenal first-quarter performance and became one of the highest valued companies to ever go public on the platform. At the time of listing $COIN shares opened at $381 despite a reference price of $250. The listing was also delayed due to an ongoing investigation by the CFTC as a result instead of March, the crypto exchange went public in April after clearance from the SEC.
Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon NetworkBlockchain News
Crypto Market in Red After Elon vs Bitcoin Twitter Faceoff
The Elon Musk crypto Twitter face-off against Bitcoin proponents over his multiple vague allegations took a “salty” turn when Musk threatened to go all-in Dogecoin and then responded to several tweets including a known “crypto scammer” indicating that looking at the push back he has received from Bitcoin proponents Tesla might sell their Bitcoin holdings. This led to a sharp decline in Bitcoin price which fell to a 3-month low just above $42,000. Many even started speculating that Tesla might have indeed sold their BTC holdings looking at Musk’s unnecessary aggression and threatening tone. However, he later clarified that Tesla hasn’t sold any of their Bitcoin.
To clarify speculation, Tesla has not sold any Bitcoin
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 17, 2021
Most of the altcoins also followed the bearish trend as the majority of altcoins fell between 5%-10% barring a few. While FUDs in the crypto market is nothing new, but if someone of Musk’s stature decides to give fuel several debunked and tested FUDs it created a whole different scenario.
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- FTX Chief Sam Bankman-Fried thinks Bitcoin Has No Future As A Payments System
- Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon Network
- Where Is Terra’s (LUNA) Enormous Bitcoin Reserve?
- Binance CEO CZ Clears Air On Their Investment In Terra LUNA
- LUNA Price Jumps 1500%, Time To Buy Or Another Trap?
- Terra Founder Proposes Revival Plan But LUNA 2.0 Shall Be An Uphill Task, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Circle Mints 8.4 Billion USDC Within 7 Days, Why?
- Buy The Dip? Whales Add $1.2 Bln Bitcoin As Price Falls Below $30K
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?
- TRX Price Analysis: Fallout of $0.075 Support Hints 18% Drop in TRX
- Ethereum Price Forecast: Is The Dip Over Or There Is More Pain Ahead?
- MANA Price May Tumble By 42%; Here’s Why