The day came with some good tiding for the cryptocurrency sector. Bitcoin and Ethereum, two of the most significant crypto asset values, jumped by 9% each. The biggest crypto asset is up 23.2% from a year’s low of $32,950.72, which it touched on January 24.
Global markets surge
The global cryptocurrency market cap surged to $1.87 trillion in the past 24 hours, up from $1.70 trillion. Trading volumes climbed to $90.36 billion, up from $68.72 billion on February 4, 2022.
The decentralized finance DeFi added up to 13.44 percent of the total cryptocurrency trading volume at $12.21 billion in the last 24 hours. Stable coins accounted for 81.35 percent of the crypto market’s 24-hour volume at $73.92 billion.
BTC’s market dominance rose marginally to 41.65%. When the last news came, BTC was trading at $41,388.68 on February 5. In terms of INR, BTC traded at Rs 32 33,214, up by 9%. Ethereum advanced 9.5 percent to Rs 2,34,199.9.
Cardano also rose by 6% to touch Rs 88.73, and Avalanche jumped over 11 percent to Rs 6,096.60. Polkadot also rose over 7 percent to Rs 1,617.09, and Litecoin was up 6.7 percent at Rs 9,320 in the last 24 hours.
The ambiguity about cryptocurrency in India was cleared when Indian Finance Secretary T V Somanathan had said on Thursday that Cryptocurrency can never become a legal tender.
The Budget of 2022-23 also clarified taxation on virtual currency and proposed a 30% tax on earnings from cryptocurrency trade beyond the threshold of 1TDS.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?