Amid the broader market crash, the world’s second-largest cryptocurrency Ethereum (ETH) has entered a major correction. After last week’s fall, the ETH price has been hovering around $2,000 levels.
On-chain data provider Santiment provides us some glimpses into what could be the next price action for Ethereum (ETH). The data provider noted that on an 8-hour chart, there have been heavy shorts building up for Ethereum at $2,000.
However, Santiment adds that this usually doesn’t end well with the shorter and a short squeeze is likely to follow. Thus, we might see a bounce back in the price of Ethereum.
But another concerning factor is the ETH exchange supply. Santiment notes:
While we saw a nice drop in supply on exchanges for the past year or so, May 1st 2022 saw a huge increase in supply on exchanges as folks rushed to exit their positions, which is clearly reflected on the price itself.
Thus, any further increase in the exchange supply would fuel an additional drop. This suggests that investors are in a state of panic and have completely given up. Although the situation looks scary, this could be a good time to build up fresh positions.
Some Positive Indicators for Ethereum
Santiment cites the 90-day MVRV (Market-Value-to-Realized-Value) Ratio for Ethereum. It adds that the MVRV “measures the mid-term profit/loss of holders is showing that we are almost into the opportunity zone, which historically saw a local bottom being developed with a decent R/R”.
On the other hand, global macros will continue to play a big role in deciding the crypto market momentum. Amid persisting inflation, the U.S. equity market and the S&P 500 are showing signs of weakness amid the fear of aggressive interest rate hikes by the Federal Reserve. At the same time, the fears of the United States going into a recession are high.
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Expert Sees Fed Reversing Interest Rate Hikes, How Will It Affect Crypto?
- New Bullish Cycle Likely After Bitcoin Reaches This Level, Stats Show
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000