It has been a controversially bullish year for cryptocurrencies. The world has either been adopting or applying strict regulatory policies to the digital money market of crypto. Latin and North American nations have shown their faith in cryptocurrencies, whereas several nations in Asia have turned their backs to crypto.
European Union’s Digital Finance Strategy now includes Markets in Crypto Assets (MiCA) to regulate the decentralized sphere of cryptocurrencies. MiCA proposed unconventional regulations for the crypto market, from the requirement of authorized permission to trade stablecoins, to mandating acquisition of legal status for small crypto projects before scouting investors.
However, the ‘Elon Musk’ clause of the 168-page document particularly grasps attention. Tesla CEO, Musk has been in the spotlight for his infamous crypto tweets about accepting and declining bitcoins by Tesla, and consistent ‘influencer marketing’ of meme-oriented altcoins. MiCA regulations limit Musk’s crypto presence on social media and require him to quit the wit he uses to manipulate crypto prices.
MiCA to Limit Musk’s Manipulation
The volatility of the crypto market often pushes potential traders away. Especially, when well-endowed entrepreneurs like Musk start to manipulate the market using their internet vogue. Regardless of crypto’s democratic and decentralized status, it becomes difficult for people to calculate the investment in it, attributed to the trending tweet’s effect on the volatility of coins.
MiCA regulations have banned celebrity manipulation of crypto markets, along with the acquisition of a celebratory position as a crypto influencer. Both will be applicable by National law and infringement will be punishable under criminal law.
“The regulation prohibits such market manipulations which could be punishable with criminal remedies depending on the applicable national law.” says the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) in their analysis of EU’S press release.
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?