The crypto market rally this year in 2021 has been indeed crazier with the broader growing market growing 3x by adding nearly $2 trillion to the overall market cap. However, traditional investors and big names like Charlie Munger are finding it too difficult to digest.
The investment legend calls this rally in the crypto market to be crazier than the dotcom era. Addressing Australian investors at the Sohn Hearts and Minds conference on Friday, December 3, Mr. Munger called this investment environment “a little more extreme”. He also backed China on clamping down on “some of the exuberances” of capitalism. Expressing his extreme criticism towards cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin, Mr. Munger said:
“I think the dot com boom was crazier in terms of valuations than even what we have now. But overall, I consider this era even crazier than the dot-com era. I just can’t stand participating in these insane booms, one way or the other. It seems to be working; everybody wants to pile in, and I have a different attitude. I want to make my money by selling people things that are good for them, not things that are bad for them.
Believe me, the people who are creating cryptocurrencies are not thinking about the customer, they are thinking about themselves,” he added.
Munger Backs China for Banning Digital Assets
The legendary investor further added that he would never participate in this “insane” crypto boom. More interestingly, Munger even backed China for banning cryptocurrencies entirely. He noted:
“I’m never going to buy a cryptocurrency. I wish they’d never been invented. I think the Chinese made the correct decision, which is to simply ban them. My country – English-speaking civilisation – has made the wrong decision”.
Legendary investor Warren Buffett and Munger’s partner at Berkshire Hathaway have also showered strong criticism on Bitcoin in the past calling it ‘rat poison squared’. After Buffet’s comments back in 2018, Bitcoin has just continued to grow higher.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?