Moneygram, a popular peer-to-peer and cross-border money transfer service has become the latest mainstream payment processor to offer Bitcoin trading service in association with popular Bitcoin cash exchange Coinme. The one of its kind partnership would allow US customers to buy Bitcoin against cash at 12,000 retail kiosks starting this month, then another 5,000 locations in June.
Alex Holmes, MoneyGram Chairman, and CEO commented on their recent crypto association and said that their association to offer Bitcoin against cash would help in better crypto adoption across the US. He explained,
“This innovative partnership opens our business to an entirely new customer segment as we are the first to pioneer a crypto-to-cash model by building a bridge with Coinme to connect bitcoin to local fiat currency. Our unique, global network is an incredibly valuable asset, and we’re excited to open our platform to Coinme as we increasingly look to capture new growth by monetizing our network to new use-cases.”
Moneygram is one of the biggest names when it comes to wire transfer and the fact that they have partnered with a Bitcoin ATM service provider speaks volumes about the growing Bitcoin adoption. However, this won’t be the first crypto venture for the cross-border money transfer service provider, as it was a key strategic Ripple partner until the SEC lawsuit, following which it cut ties with the crypto company. Moneygram was utilizing Ripple’s cross-border decentralized solution called RippleNet like SBI in Japan, however, in its official statement post-SEC lawsuit filing the company said it wasn’t utilizing the Ripplenet services.
The facility to purchase Bitcoin directly against cash that too at thousands of retail stores across the US would surely add to the growing adoption curve with a recent survey indicating nearly 46 million US customers already hold cryptocurrencies.
- Indian Crypto Exchanges See Volumes Plummeting 80% Since July 1 Due to New Tax Rules
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- THORChain Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Aim RUNE Price to Hit $3.4
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%