RBI has taken a final call on the cryptocurrencies by issuing a circular that prohibits the dealing of cryptocurrencies in India by barring the regulated entities for providing their services to the individuals and businesses dealing with VCs on an immediate basis. For those banks and payment gateways that have already been associated with them have been given 3 months time period to cut those ties.
3-month deadline for regulated entities to cut their VC ties
Two days back, RBI took a strict stance on cryptocurrencies in its first Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement of 2018-19 by ordering all the regulated entities to stop providing their services to the individuals and businesses alike that deals with cryptocurrencies.
However, nothing was clear as of yet, people and businesses alike were waiting on RBI for further clarification.
Yesterday, the central bank of India took its final call on cryptocurrency by issuing a circular titled “Prohibition on dealing in Virtual Currencies” for all commercial and cooperative banks, NBFC and payment system providers.
The circular mentions the multiple warnings issued by the central bank to the people and entities dealing with cryptocurrencies in India and its associated risks.
RBI gives a detailed clarification on the activities related to virtual currencies that would be barred from services by regulated entities with immediate effect:
“In view of the associated risks, it has been decided that, with immediate effect, entities regulated by the Reserve Bank shall not deal in VCs or provide services for facilitating any person or entity in dealing with or settling VCs. Such services include maintaining accounts, registering, trading, settling, clearing, giving loans against virtual tokens, accepting them as collateral, opening accounts of exchanges dealing with them and transfer / receipt of money in accounts relating to purchase/ sale of VCs.”
The central bank further reports that the regulated entities that are already providing their services to the crypto-dealers “shall exit the relationship within three months from the date of this circular.” This means anyone that individuals and businesses are given three months to settle their crypto accounts.
Crypto exchanges, wallets and dealers in doom
Before the circular has been issued, many crypto exchanges, wallets, and dealers were figuring out alternative routes to deal with the RBI ban on cryptos. Zebpay, a bitcoin and cryptocurrency exchange in India issued a notice to its customers.
However, with this recent circular by RBI, things have become extremely clear and it looks like investors have no choice but to get all of their funds removed from the crypto market within 3 months.
RBI’s decision to ban the banks and payment services to provide their services to individuals and businesses dealing with crypto has created an uproar in the Indian cryptocurrency community.
Do you think it is the end of cryptocurrencies in india?
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?