The world’s second-largest cryptocurrency Ethereum (ETH) recently touched a new all-time high above $4800 and is currently flirting close to those levels. While there have been expectations of ETH reaching $5000 levels very soon, the network congestion and high gas fee prove to be a kind of barrier.
It’s difficult at this point to say in which direction Ethereum (ETH) will move. On-chain data provider Santiment reports that the Ethereum address activity is up by 48% after the number of unique ETH addresses bottoming out in late September.
Furthermore, Crypto Quant CEO Ki-Young points out that the ETH supply in the market isn’t increasing anymore. Post the London hardfork, the rate of ETH supply has become almost zero. thus, Ethereum is turning out to be a scarce asset that can be a bullish signal for the world’s second-largest crypto.
$ETH supply doesn't increase anymore.
Its rate of change became almost zero after the London hard fork.
Just like Bitcoin, ETH is now a scarce asset with limited supply.
— Ki Young Ju 주기영 (@ki_young_ju) November 11, 2021
However, the ETH price action and its trading volumes have been forming a bearish divergence recently.
On-Chain Bearish Indicators for Ethereum
On-chain data provider Santiment reports that there’s a strong bearish divergence between the ETH price and its trading volume. Although the Ethereum trading volume has been trying to pick up with the price, it hasn’t succeeded well and instead moved down. This is particular true since the end of October.
A similar scenario appears for Ethereum (ETH) social volume and the ETH network profit and loss. The on-chain data provider Santiment notes:
A bunch of long lasting divergencies is pointing us to idea that we need to go down. These are really worrying. We see network activity going down even though the price is pushing up.
People too relaxed to take profits even though ETH is going up (visible in NPL). There is a good chance they will be punished.
There is 50/50 chance market quite often moves up one more time after divergence. Just to confuse traders.
It will be interesting to see as to what price action does Ethereum follows from here onwards.
- Ethereum’s Buterin To Use Returned $100M From SHIB Donation For Covid Relief Projects Worldwide
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Unfazed By Bitcoin Crash, Set To Launch Its Metaverse – ‘Shiberse’
- Hackers Siphon Off $80 Million in Cryptocurrency from Qubit DeFi platform
- Just-In: Bitcoin May Soon Be A Legal Tender in Arizona
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?