China’s growing influence in the digital currency space has got the US intelligence community on their toes as they see it as a threat to financial security. As per a recent report, the Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe wrote a letter to the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) Chairman Jay Clayton expressing his concerns over China’s growing dominance in the digital currency space. Ratcliffe in the letter talked about the upcoming launch of China’s state-controlled national digital currency that could make it extremely difficult for US tech companies to compete.
Apart from the upcoming national digital yuan launch, the Director of National Intelligence also talked about China’s mining dominance where more than 60% of the cryptocurrency miners are based out of China which he believes could pose a threat to mining decentralization if the Communist Party in power decides to nationalize mining.
Bitcoin and digital currencies built on top of blockchain are being portrayed as the future of finance and most of the developed nations are already working on plans to launch their own national digital currency or CBDC. China is currently years ahead when it comes to the development of the national digital currency, as it is already running several pilot programs for its digital yuan which has been under development for almost 6 years now.
US Intelligence Department Seeks SEC’s Cooperation In Formulating Better Regulations
The letter by the Director of National Intelligence suggests the growing influence of cryptocurrencies and how superpowers around the globe are already gearing up to embrace the financial overhaul. This is even more critical for the United States because the US Dollar is seen as a reserve currency in the international trade market which offers flexibility to the Federal Reserves to print those extra dollars in times of financial crisis. It also offers a monopoly to the US to put sanctions on other countries.
A successful digital yuan could very well end the monopoly and take the superpower tag away from the United States, thus it poses a national threat. The government wants the SEC to work on formulating inclusive regulations to ensure an encouraging environment for US companies that can compete with Chinese dominance.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?