Peter Boockvar, a Wall Street veteran has predicted that there would be an epic crash in the cryptocurrency market before the year ends. He said bitcoin could lose about 90% of its value and come down to as low as $1000.
Boockvar: Crypto is a giant bubble
In an interview with CNBC’s Future Now, the Chief Investment Officer at Bleakly Advisory Group, Peter Boockvar predicted that over the next year the bitcoins will lose about 90% of its currency value.
The Wall Street veteran said he won’t be surprised if the prices of bitcoin drop down to as low as $1,000. He says that he isn’t sure if it will be a slow and steady dop or will come to a grinding halt but he is sure it is coming.
According to Boockvar, crypto is just a giant bubble which will burst and when it does the investors will be left in the cold. He further mentioned:
“When something goes parabolic like this has, it typically ends up to where that parabola began. I wouldn’t be surprised if over the next year it’s down to $1,000 to $3,000.”
Since last month, there has been a good downward plunge in bitcoins prices and as per the Wall Street veteran, this plunge just might be a precursor of what is to come. He further says the cryptocurrency could fall about 90% taking it back to the levels that it hasn’t been since February 2017. This was the time when prices had began their steep climb. According to Coinmarketcap, on Monday, the bitcoin prices came down another 12%, falling to $10,686.
Boockvar said on CNBC:
“I think over time Bitcoin’s going to be around for a long time but the price itself I wouldn’t be surprised if over the next year it’s down to $1,000 to $3,000.”
In the opinion of Boockvar, the collapse is coming alongside the rise in interest rate all over the globe. He basically blames the central banks and Federal Reserve for the craze of cryptocurrencies. Due to the easy money policies that were primarily designed to tone down the effects of global financial crisis led to the inclination towards cryptocurrencies.
He asked rhetorically “You have to wonder if we never heard of quantitative easing, would there have been cryptocurrencies?”
Boockvar explained that once cryptocurrency market cracks, the attitude of investors towards the risk assets will certainly change. He also said, the stock market could get affected as a collateral damage, however that would be just a psychology thing and nothing wrong with the economy for which bigger picture is needed.
The opinion of Boockvar is completely at odds with Thomas Lee, the bullish Wall Street pundit, who said last week that bitcoin will explode in 2018. He insists that right now is the best time to invest in the cryptocurrency market.
Do you agree with the Peter Boockvar’s prediction? Is it really going to be a bad year for bitcoin? Let us know your thought in comments below and follow or write us on twitter and facebook page.
The presented content may include the personal opinion of the author and is subject to market condition. Do your market research before investing in cryptocurrencies. The author or the publication does not hold any responsibility for your personal financial loss.
- ETH Whales Add Polygon (MATIC) Amid Prices Surge Of 60% In Last 7 Days
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%